Offering Farmers Market Preorders
A great way to utilize the Ecommerce software, beyond selling items online, is by offering your customers the ability to place Farmers Market Preorders. This means letting your customers purchase items on your website that you will package and bring to the farmers market for them to come and pick-up. The preorder process works like this:
- List your products and open your store
- Customers visit your website and create their orders
- Close the store to leave a few days for processing
- Print an order report and use it to pack your orders
- Bring prepackaged orders to the market for pickup
When you use the Ecommerce system, payment processing is your choice. You can offer customers online payment with an easy-to-use credit card processor, use your own offline invoicing system, or let your customers pay when they come to pick-up their order.
With Farmers Market Preorders, you can go to market knowing you've already made some sales and your customers have the convenience of their orders being packed and ready to go when they come to the market to get them. It even increases customer loyalty by making repeat customers out of your farmers market patrons.
There are many ways to make the Ecommerce software work to increase your sales. To read how, visit the Ecommerce "Getting Started" articles in the Knowledge Base. You can even use it along with your CSA or membership program. Read the "Selling Extras" article in the Member Assembler Tools section of the Knowledge Base to learn more.
Ready to move on? Click on another article below:
- How can I view the sign-up process for my CSA the same way my members will see it?
- What does "Admin Season" mean?
- Will setting up a new Season disrupt the Season I am currently running?
- Can I change my Member Assembler subscription plan to accomodate more or less members?
- How do I manually add a new membership?
- View all (5 more)