Integrating PayPal into Ecommerce
Signing up with PayPal so that you can accept credit card payments in your Ecommerce Store is easy. All you need to do is create a business account with PayPal and then enter some information into your Control Panel. This article will walk you through all the steps you need to take to get set up.
Note: Setting up a business account with PayPal is free, however it will involve transaction fees not associated with and in addition to your Small Farm Central subscription plan.
If you would like some help getting set up, Paypal has provided us with a representative who is familiar with Small Farm Central and will work with you over the phone:
MERCHANT SALES, NA
Hours 9-6 CST (M-F)
You can also create an account on your own. To create a business account with PayPal visit in the PayPal website at: https://www.paypal.com and click on “Sign Up” in the upper right corner.
- Once you've established a business account with PayPal, you'll need to access API credentials which you can copy over to SFC to complete the integration. Login and click the 'settings' gear icon at the top of the page. Then click Business setup. See below:
Figure 1. PayPal Business Sign-up
- Click Change next to Payment processing. Then tick the radio button next to Add PayPal checkout as another way to get paid. Below, click the link to Get your API credentials. Please see the next two screenshots below:
Figure 2. Change button
Figure 3. Get your API credentials.
- The next step may ask you to verify your identity via a code sent to you via text message or a verification phone call. See below:
Figure 4. Identity verification
- The next screen will have the information that you'll need to paste into your SFC control panel. This information is removed for security purposes in the screenshot below:
Figure 4. API Information
- Keep your current browser window open and open a new browser window. Log in to the Small Farm Central Control Panel and navigate to: Sell > Configure > Integration
- Copy and paste your PayPal API Username, Password, and Signature from the PayPal screen right into the "Paypal Integration" section. Then click the
- Finally, navigate to: Sell > Configure > Checkout and select one of the payment options that includes PayPal payment from the "Checkout Options" drop-down menu. Don't forget to save your changes!
Congratulations! You are now all ready to accept credit card payments through PayPal for your all your Ecommerce Store orders.
- How can I recieve customer support?
- How do I control/remove spam comments on my website?
- Can I use Small Farm Central's services if I already have a website?
- Can I use my existing domain name with a Small Farm Central website?
- Will Google and other search engines index my Small Farm Central site?
- View all (14 more)