Creating orders for producers, delivery labels

's Avatar

austinorch

01 May, 2019 04:24 PM

We aren't using your ecommerce yet, only your CSA module, so I'm trying to learn what I can to see if it fits our needs. I've been able to find answers to most of my questions but can't see anything that relates to these. I'm probably just not looking in the correct categories.

One thing I'm not seeing is how the orders are conveyed to the producers. We run a delivery service, in which we take orders from our farm and other local farmers, and deliver to wholesale customers who are up to 200 miles away. We don't gather inventory in advance, we take the orders and then send our orders to the individual farmers to harvest right before delivery to ensure the produce is as fresh as possible. Please could you explain how your site handles ordering from producers? Can I print a list of items ordered from each producer? Alternatively, does an invoice show the producer for each item? We could work with that.

Another question I have is whether your site can generate labels for wholesale orders, similar to those that are generated for the CSA customers?

Thank you for your help!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 01 May, 2019 05:23 PM

When setting up the items for your store, you can assign a producer to each product.

Then there's a report you can run that will create an aggregate list of products that have been sold and also individual packing slips for each order. To create the report, you'd go to - Sell --> Orders&Reports --> Create Report

You can choose to include the producer information so it will give you a list of how much of each item has sold and the name of the producer (see attached example)

That report is going to mix all producers together but you can copy/paste that table of results and sort as necessary.

The individual packing slip/invoices for each order do list the producer as well.

There is no specific label tool in e-commerce. You can export orders and that will include all the contact information as well as order info, so you could use that to create the labels you want. To export orders, go to - Sell --> Orders&Reports --> Export Data.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Q

2. qroth closed this discussion on 01 May, 2019 05:23 PM.

3. Tim Austin re-opened this discussion on 01 May, 2019 05:57 PM

4. 2 Posted by Tim Austin on 01 May, 2019 05:57 PM

Thank you so much, that's exactly what I needed to know!

5. qroth closed this discussion on 01 May, 2019 05:58 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac