Orders not coming through?

's Avatar

kelly

24 Sep, 2018 02:02 PM

Hi SFC,
We use SFC to allow CSA members to customize shares.
I've written in the past and I know the answer was that you weren't interested, but I continue to receive disappointed and terse emails from members on a weekly basis who think they have placed orders but the orders don't come through to us...like this one:

"I have not gotten what I picked for the last 2 deliveries. Very disappointing. I picked 3 sisters because I could make choices and it is organic. Don't disappoint again please."

Are there any other reasons other than people missing the second prompt that the orders wouldn't be going through? Its really frustrating that this keeps happening. I know that each time this happens we lose a satisfied customer.

I would blame it on our customers lack of diligence, but it continues to happen to different people and many people have successfully placed orders in the past.

I understand that Harvie is set up for this sort of thing, but given that my husband and I have a combined salary of 23,000 paying another 3,000 a year for software would really affect our already pretty modest quality of life.

Sincerely,
Kelly

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 24 Sep, 2018 05:53 PM

Hi Kelly:

Sorry to hear that you are having these problems.

The only thing I can really recommend is adding more text to the Checkout Header field for you checkout page.

I see you have this message on the department pages themselves - "Please remember to check for a confirmation email to verify that your order was placed. Note that after you hit the "Save and Checkout" button on the cart page you really still need to click the "Complete Checkout" button on the next page that comes up. If you do this properly, a message should appear saying "You were checked out successfully. You will receive an email with your order in a few minutes." but it might be good to add that message to the checkout page.

Go to - Sell --> Configure --> Display Settings and you'll see the "Checkout Header" field there. It might be good to add some version of that message there saying "YOU ARE NOT CHECKED OUT YET, etc etc" This will appear on that page where they do need to click the "Complete Checkout" button.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 24 Sep, 2018 05:53 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac