Private Department

patspasturednews

30 Dec, 2016 07:02 PM

I have created a private department for selling items to a small group. I created the user group as well.

However, now I want to add a page of general information that users can see once they have logged in but BEFORE they order. How do I do that? It seems like if I add information to the department page it appears on the log-in screen and anyone can see it.

I want to list information about pricing and also about delivery and other information that I don't want the general public to see. I looked around to see if there was a note field that I could use that would only appear once my user group has logged in but I don't see anything.

Can anyone offer assistance? I am brand new to Small farm Central.

Thanks,
Lisa D.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by daniel on 30 Dec, 2016 07:47 PM

Hi there Lisa,

You can accomplish this by creating a Farmer Defined Page with whatever content you'd like the customers of that particular department to see.

You can do this at Create Content-->Farmer Defined Pages-->New FDP

Once you have created the FDP, you can go into Manage FDPs (Create Content-->Farmer Defined Pages-->Manage FDPs) and Restrict Access to that page to only certain user groups. Remember to link from this FDP to the actual department somewhere in the text of your page.

In order to create the path from your site to the new FDP and finally, to the Department, you'll insert that FDP as a menu item under your Products heading (or wherever you'd like it to appear). You can do this at Display-->Navigation-->Menu Manager and choose the menu which you'd like it to appear under.

You can find more information about managing menus in this help document: http://support.smallfarmcentral.com/kb/small-farm-central/managing-...

Please let me know how that works for you and if you have any further questions.

Best,

Daniel
    Farmer Support

2. daniel closed this discussion on 30 Dec, 2016 07:47 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac