recipes

's Avatar

allenshillfarm

01 Aug, 2013 02:21 PM

Hi All,
Is there a way to group recipes depending on their ingredients? Or is it just done chronologically?
Thanks so much !

1. 1 Posted by qroth on 01 Aug, 2013 02:29 PM

The recipes will show up on the recipes page based on the order that you add them. So the most recent additions will be at the top. You can activate the "recipe product tags" widget and this will put a list of all tags from your recipes in the sidebar. To add the widget, go to - Display --> Widgets --> Add Prebuilt and scroll down to the Content Widgets section and you should see the recipe tags option.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 01 Aug, 2013 02:29 PM.

3. John M. Loveland re-opened this discussion on 01 Aug, 2013 03:17 PM

4. 2 Posted by John M. Lovelan... on 01 Aug, 2013 03:17 PM

Thanks Q. Was hoping I could categorize them according to ingredient..
    Let me ponder this. :) Carolyn

Owner
    Allens Hill Farm
    3663 County Road 40
    Bloomfield, NY 14469
    585-657-4710
    585-683-0041(cell)
    www.allenshillfarm.com

Find us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Allens-Hill-Farm/5838159710

5. 3 Posted by qroth on 01 Aug, 2013 03:31 PM

Carolyn:

One other option is to just use the recipes tool as a source of recipes but to create your own page for displaying them. This is a little bit more advanced and if you need clarification on how to do this, please let me know.

1) First, disable the "recipe" page from your navigation so it doesn't appear in any of your menus. This doesn't disable the page completely, it is just no longer included in your menu; you can still access it at: yourdomain.com/recipe.

Each recipe has its own unique web link, so if you go to the /recipe page and click on a recipe, it'll take you to its unique page. You can then use these individual links to add the recipes to a separate page.

2) Create a "farmer defined page" for displaying the recipes. By using the farmer-definted page, you can format the content however you want. Then just add the links to the recipes you like directly to that page in the order you want them.

Here's the help file on creating a Farmer-defined page:
    http://support.smallfarmcentral.com/kb/getting-started-with-website...

Q

6. qroth closed this discussion on 01 Aug, 2013 03:31 PM.

7. John M. Loveland re-opened this discussion on 01 Aug, 2013 03:37 PM

8. 4 Posted by John M. Lovelan... on 01 Aug, 2013 03:37 PM

Okay. FDP sounds like a viable option. I haven't gotten that far yet!! Still learning. Have to say
    this is the most user friendly web stuff I've ever worked with. You all are amazing! :) c.

Owner
    Allens Hill Farm
    3663 County Road 40
    Bloomfield, NY 14469
    585-657-4710
    585-703-0055 (cell)
    www.allenshillfarm.com

Find us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Allens-Hill-Farm/5838159710

9. 5 Posted by qroth on 01 Aug, 2013 03:52 PM

Glad you are finding it easy to use.

10. qroth closed this discussion on 01 Aug, 2013 03:52 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac