Tagging Recipes

Margaret L Stelzer

24 Jul, 2013 02:30 PM

Is there a way that I can create my own tag for recipes? I’d like one for “Master Recipes” that cover mix and match array of vegetables "Kid Friendly" and “Vegetables 101” for basic cooking instructions for individual vegetables.

Also, is there a way to take tags off the sidebar? There are products that we don’t offer (i.e. white wine, English walnuts, etc.) and the list is getting to unwieldy.

Thank you!
Margie

1. 1 Posted by qroth on 24 Jul, 2013 02:37 PM

Hi Margie:

Maybe you didn't get my response to your other email the other day, but I'm re-copying my response below:

While the recipes tool is a great way to get access to a lot of recipes and a great way to add that content to your website quickly, it doesn't offer a lot of flexibility. You can not add your own tags and the recipes widget will show whatever tags appear in the recipes you have selected, regardless of whether you offer those items or not.

If you want a little more control over how your recipes page works, you can simply use the recipes tool as a way to find recipes you like and then add them to a Farmer-Defined Page. You could make one page the " Vegetables 101" and another the "Master Recipes" page.

If you take the recipes tool out of your navigation, you can still access it by going to http://www.growingwarriors.org/recipe. If you click on the individual recipes, it will give you the direct URL for that recipe, for example http://www.growingwarriors.org/recipe/warm-greens-salad. Then you can just directly add those links to your Farmer-defined Page. This can be a lot of work if you want there to be a lot of recipes, but if you are just going to have a handful of recipes posted at any given time, this can produce a nice clean result. Plus, it gives you the option of adding photos, additional commentary, etc to the FDP.

As for the tags in the sidebar, if there were just a handful that you wanted to use (say 12 or less), I'd be glad to help you create a custom widget to do that.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 24 Jul, 2013 02:37 PM.

3. MStelzer re-opened this discussion on 25 Jul, 2013 12:49 PM

4. 2 Posted by MStelzer on 25 Jul, 2013 12:49 PM

I don’t know what happened to that other response but I’m glad you took the time to send it again. When I get a few minutes, I’ll send you a list of vegetables that would be in the widget.

THANKS!
    Margie

5. qroth closed this discussion on 25 Jul, 2013 01:43 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac