Email problems

's Avatar

cedarville322

18 Jul, 2013 04:40 PM

Hi:

I got an alert message when I clicked on Connect - Archives that amazon had rejected 178 emails in the last few days, a very disconcerting message indeed as that's about my total customer count. We are crazy busy here and I would really appreciate your help in solving this problem. I've always been a bit unclear about the email service, if I am registered for the amazon service or am just using regular MA email, and if the difference is important to me.
I've had a few shareholders tell me they haven't received my emails, but when I check under Connect - Recipients I find they are there.

Your efforts to straighten out my email woes is very appreciated.

Mike
Cedarville Farm
Bellingham, Wa
360-592-5594

1. 1 Posted by qroth on 18 Jul, 2013 05:42 PM

Mike:

All of the emails that show as errors are labeled as having "illegal content". We've mostly seen this in situations where someone has copy and pasted an image into an email instead of uploading and inserted the image through the control panel tools. I do see the emails you sent did have an image included. This is probably the problem.

If you are just showing a simple list like that, it is probably best to just keep it text based. You can put images in your emails, but you should upload to your online gallery (Display --> Template Settings --> Photo Gallery) and then put into the email using the "Edit/Insert Image" icon in the text editor menu bar.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 18 Jul, 2013 05:42 PM.

3. Mike Finger re-opened this discussion on 19 Jul, 2013 01:05 AM

4. 2 Posted by Mike Finger on 19 Jul, 2013 01:05 AM

Thanks, Q, for the reply. I'm baffled by the image issue as the emails I send contain only a link to our website. Could you identify what is being read as an "image."

Thanks,

Mike

5. 3 Posted by qroth on 19 Jul, 2013 12:44 PM

Hi Mike:

If you go to the mail archive and look at the 2 emails that created the errors, "CSA Delivery Today" and "Your Choice CSA Today, July 17th", you'll see that the list of veggies included in the box appears as an image file. I can't explain how or why it is an image file, but it you look at it, it clearly is a .png image file.

Q

6. qroth closed this discussion on 19 Jul, 2013 12:44 PM.

7. Mike Finger re-opened this discussion on 19 Jul, 2013 01:03 PM

8. 4 Posted by Mike Finger on 19 Jul, 2013 01:03 PM

Ha! By jove you've got it! I copied & pasted the list from my pick sheet! Ok, won't do that again...

Thanks, Q.

Mike
    Cedarville Farm

9. qroth closed this discussion on 19 Jul, 2013 01:32 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac