Discrepancy between the balance members see, and what we see

Emma Holmes

28 Jun, 2013 07:31 PM

Hello,

We're having an unusual problem. Quite a few members are reporting that their balances are incorrect - ie. a missed order wasn't removed from their account. The strange thing is that I did cancel the orders, and when I go in to check, their balances look correct to me.

As soon as I get them to check again, their balance is what it should have been. At first, I just thought the members were mistaken, but it keeps happening.

Also, I've noticed that when I cancel an order and then go look at the "balances" the balance shows the pre-cancellation total until I click on the persons name and look at their balance, at which point it switches to the correct post-cancellation amount.

It's stressing our members out because they think they are being charged for things they didn't pay for. Is there anyway to prevent this from happening?

Thanks!
Emma

1. 1 Posted by qroth on 28 Jun, 2013 08:24 PM

Hi Emma:

Yes, looks like that isn't working right. When you click on the person's name and go to the profile, it does re-calculate their balance so things should be correct after you do that. Next week Mike is going to work on correcting that so it will automatically re-calculate balances after an order is cancelled. In the meantime, if you have to cancel any orders over the weekend, please just click onto their balance in their user profile and it will take care of re-calculating that.

Sorry for the confusion and thank you for bringing that error to our attention.

Q

2. qroth closed this discussion on 28 Jun, 2013 08:24 PM.

3. Emma Holmes re-opened this discussion on 28 Jun, 2013 08:26 PM

4. 2 Posted by Emma Holmes on 28 Jun, 2013 08:26 PM

Thanks Q!

5. Simon Huntley closed this discussion on 29 Jun, 2013 06:18 PM.

6. Emma Holmes re-opened this discussion on 05 Jul, 2013 09:56 PM

7. 3 Posted by Emma Holmes on 05 Jul, 2013 09:56 PM

Hi Q,

This is still a problem and we're getting quite a few member complaints per
    day. They think they are being unfairly charged for things and are quite
    upset about it. Are you able to fix it?

Thanks,
    Emma

8. 4 Posted by qroth on 06 Jul, 2013 01:31 PM

Hi Emma:

It was my understanding that Mike fixed this bug. I just went into my test account and it seemed to be automatically correcting all of the balances for me. Can you provide me the name of some folks that are still having the problem? I'll have Mike check this out Monday morning.

Q

9. qroth closed this discussion on 06 Jul, 2013 01:31 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac