Issue updating an email address for a member

's Avatar

csa

29 Mar, 2019 01:28 AM

Hi there!

One of my members had her own account which has been deleted. Now she has joined an account with another member and I am trying to change her email address, but it says it is still registered to an account, even though the account using that email had been deleted. If i search her email address in all members, nothing comes up. I cannot understand why there is a conflict in using her old accounts email again.

Any help you can offer in sorting this out so my member can get our emails to her regular address would be greatly appreciated. I have listed relevant information below regarding which account the issue is with. Thank you so much!!

Member ID: 59130
User Name: Allison McLoughlin
DESIRED EMAIL: [email blocked]

-Lacey

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 29 Mar, 2019 05:14 PM

Hi Lacey:

Deleting a membership will not delete the users who were attached to that membership. So if you try searching the membership, they won't show up but they are still in your user database.

Go to - Administrate --> Users --> Manage Users and you can search there - this shows all users in your database, both those attached to memberships and those not.

You should be able to find the old user and you could just go ahead and delete that. That will then allow you to update the email address associated with the new user on the current membership.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 29 Mar, 2019 05:14 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac