website not loading

's Avatar

jadefamilyfarm

21 Jan, 2019 07:30 PM

Hi guys,
there appears to be a problem with our website, www.jadefamilyfarm.com. It isn't loading on anyone's computer. It is a recent problem, just in the last few days. Could you look into it? Thanks!

John

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 21 Jan, 2019 08:05 PM

Hi John:

The domain is no longer pointing towards SFC's servers anymore.

We did not have that domain registered for you. It looks like you either registered that directly or had someone else register it for you. Do you remember how that domain was registered for you? When I try to do a search on that domain it shows that that information is private.

Q

2. qroth closed this discussion on 21 Jan, 2019 08:05 PM.

3. john eisenstein re-opened this discussion on 21 Jan, 2019 08:28 PM

4. 2 Posted by john eisenstein on 21 Jan, 2019 08:28 PM

Yeah, my brother registered that ages ago, but I thought we switched that
    over when I signed up for SFC whenever that was. What do I need to do?
    And why did it all of a sudden freak out?

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by qroth on 21 Jan, 2019 08:38 PM

Well, when I do a lookup on that domain, it shows as being originally registered on 1/14/09, so probably what we are looking at here is that the domain registration expired a week ago and so the settings got reset.

What might have happened is your brother originally registered it for a 10-year period and so last week would have been the 10 years. And that would probably account for why the domain wasn't registered to SFC's control when you started your account here in 2012 since you had another 7 years already paid for with the current registrar.

When I go to your domain now, the screen that comes up has a link to a registrar in the footer called Sedo. I'm not familiar with them but they seem like a good place to start. They list a customer support contact of 617-499-7200. So calling them might be the best place to start to confirm that they are indeed the company that currently controls that domain and to find out how you can regain access to it.

Normally once a domain expires, the owner should have a grace period of usually around a month.

Q

6. qroth closed this discussion on 21 Jan, 2019 08:38 PM.

7. john eisenstein re-opened this discussion on 21 Jan, 2019 08:54 PM

8. 4 Posted by john eisenstein on 21 Jan, 2019 08:54 PM

Thanks. That explains it. I just contacted them, but they are out of the
    office today. What is a normal price for registering a domain name? And
    once I get it back, how do I get it to route to SFC's server?

9. Support Staff 5 Posted by qroth on 21 Jan, 2019 08:57 PM

Registering a domain should be roughly $10/year. They might charge an extra fee since the domain has expired, but probably not.

Once you get it back, you'll just have to have them reset the nameservers to the following settings:

ns1.smallfarmcentral.com
    ns2.smallfarmcentral.com

That should be it. They might still have that information in there and once they re-enable the domain it might just go back.

If we can be of any more assistance, let us know.

Q

10. qroth closed this discussion on 21 Jan, 2019 08:57 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac