mobile site function

's Avatar

farmer

08 Jan, 2019 04:46 PM

The mobile friendly site loses the background color of the website (which is dark), so it ends up being khaki writing on white which is hard to read. Is this fixable? Or should I just disable the mobile friendly function. I think I'm losing people who click to the website on their phone from my social media advertising.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 08 Jan, 2019 05:14 PM

I see the problem. It looks like whoever created the individual page content seems to have hard-coded the font color into each separate page instead of just letting the individual template settings dictate the font color. For your main template, that would be the light khaki color even if the color weren't individually coded for each page; it is just the default font color for that template.

The default font color for the responsive site is black but because the font color is hard coded on the individual pages, when the mobile version takes over it still is displaying the light khaki.

For the time being, it probably would be best to disable the mobile alternative.

For the main "description" page, I went in and pulled out the font color codes, but based on how the font color was change, it would take someone going through the code view for each page to remove the color override so that might take a little time for someone to do, but once complete, turning back on the mobile alternative should be fine.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 08 Jan, 2019 05:14 PM.

3. farmer re-opened this discussion on 08 Jan, 2019 05:19 PM

4. 2 Posted by farmer on 08 Jan, 2019 05:19 PM

Can you tell me how to go in and pull out the font color codes so I can get started? Or is this something for which I need to know how to code.

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by qroth on 14 Jan, 2019 08:18 PM

Ok, probably the easiest thing to do would be go to into the edit screen for each page and:

1) Click in the text editor and press CTRL-A to select ALL of the text in the text editor.

2) Then click on the "clear formatting" icon in the toolbar (second from right on bottom level, see attached screenshot).

3) This will remove all of the text formatting for the page - including font type, size, color, any bolding/underlining/italicizing, so you might have to redo some of that formatting.

4) When you are done here, the text should just appear black in the text editor. But because the default font color is that tan color, when it shows text in the body of any of your pages, it should be displayed in that tan color.

5) After you've made all adjustments, be sure to save your changes.

This might take a little bit of work but prevents you from having to pull up the source code and try to methodically pull the color codes out of the code directly.

Q

6. qroth closed this discussion on 14 Jan, 2019 08:18 PM.

7. farmer re-opened this discussion on 17 Jan, 2019 08:41 PM

8. 4 Posted by farmer on 17 Jan, 2019 08:41 PM

Thanks for figuring this out for me Q. As always, excellent customer service. I really appreciate it.

9. qroth closed this discussion on 17 Jan, 2019 10:08 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac