taking files off which have been uploaded

's Avatar

don

24 Nov, 2018 08:51 PM

How do I do this? There's no way to highlight and delete, though message says I need to do this to upload other files.
Need to do this proto. Get back right away.
Also, there used to be a column with the link to the uploaded file. Where is it now?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 24 Nov, 2018 09:50 PM

Hi Don:

There appears to be some display issue. I think that's caused by having some of the longer descriptions in there and it pushes the extra columns off the page. I'll have to have Mike take a look at that. In the meantime, I've upped your file upload capacity so you should be able to upload more files without deleting anything. To get the direct download link once you have the file uploaded, go to this URL: http://www.kretschmannfarm.com/files

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 24 Nov, 2018 09:50 PM.

3. Donald Kretschmann re-opened this discussion on 28 Nov, 2018 03:59 AM

4. 2 Posted by Donald Kretschm... on 28 Nov, 2018 03:59 AM

Any headway on how to get those old ones off?
    I could make a list of ones to go as well—without looking at them, certainly all the Connor Lamb ones of recent.
    Thanks.
    -Don

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Mike on 28 Nov, 2018 05:09 PM

Hi Don,

I can get rid of whichever old ones you want but the problem is going to be that we won't be able to show the buttons to deal with the files whenever there is just one that is so long with no breaks that it forces the table column to be so wide.

Like:
    2018WINTERPICKUPSCHEDULEANDLOCATIONS_1.doc

if it were called instead
    2018 Winter Pickup Schedule and Locations 1.doc
    Then the spaces would allow the text in the column to wrap into multiple lines but right now it can't.

Can you let me know which files you want to keep that are up there? I can try renaming them. That should do the trick.

6. Support Staff 4 Posted by Mike on 28 Nov, 2018 05:31 PM

Hi Don,

OK. I was able to restore those Link/Delete columns just by editing the descriptions you'd entered for each file. So, even if a file name is
    2018WINTERPICKUPSCHEDULEANDLOCATIONS_1.doc
    it won't break it as long as what you type into the description is not also a very long non-breaking string of characters, like "2018 Winter Pickup Schedule and Locations"

I deleted the Lamb uploads as well. Now you have access to the Delete links to remove anything yourself, further.

Cheers,
    Mike

7. Mike closed this discussion on 28 Nov, 2018 05:31 PM.

8. Donald Kretschmann re-opened this discussion on 30 Nov, 2018 05:28 PM

9. 5 Posted by Donald Kretschm... on 30 Nov, 2018 05:28 PM

Thanks much.
    --Don

10. qroth closed this discussion on 30 Nov, 2018 05:29 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac