Emails Going to Member's Junk Folders

Mike Finger

13 Aug, 2018 03:50 PM

Hi:
I corresponded with Q Roth about this a few weeks back (can't find that exchange now). Basically, group emails I'm sending to CSA members are either not arriving at all or landing in junk files. I have spoken with Apple about this and they are certain it has nothing to do with their email system or my email settings.
Q felt there was nothing at your end that could cause this, but I'd like to ask again if SFC /MA has made any changes recently that would cause its batch email tool to cause these types of issues. I have a lot of confused and irritated customers who think we are failing to communicate with them, even though we send emails every week.
My last gambit would be to use our gmail address instead of our icloud / .mac email (.mac / me.com/ and icloud are aliases for the same address, Apple assures me).
Any deeper thought you can apply to this would be very appreciated. I've had at least one customer quit in part because of this email/communication snafu.
Thanks,
Mike
Cedarville Farm
360-595-7663

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 13 Aug, 2018 05:04 PM

Hi Mike:

Yes, it looks like currently you are doing everything possible that we have set up with the built in email tools to ensure your emails get through to the end users.

There are a couple things that could help.

1) It does help to have an email setup at your own domain. You might check with your website provider to see about getting an email setup like [email blocked]

If you do get this setup, in your SFC account you'll need to add that address to your account. Go to - Administrate --> Account --> Farmer Users to add the email address as a farmer user (this can either replace the existing or be added as a secondary account).

Then go to - Connect --> Mailing List --> SES Mail to complete the Amazon SES verification process that helps confirm that SFC has your permission to send emails on your behalf.

Using a Gmail account isn't necessarily going to help because those are free accounts that anyone can setup. Sending with a gmail account would not likely improve your deliverability.

2) You might consider switching to sending your emails through a secondary service like Mailchimp. You can set up Mailchimp so your SFC mailing lists get automatically synced with them on a weekly basis. For more information on that, see this help file: http://support.smallfarmcentral.com/kb/small-farm-central/how-to-sy...

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Q

2. qroth closed this discussion on 13 Aug, 2018 05:04 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac