Online Transaction Fee

Deidre

19 Jul, 2018 02:23 AM

Hi there,

We currently started a CSA signup and I have added a 3% online transaction fee for credit card payments made through Paypal. I have had four members sign up and only two of the transactions have incurred the 3% charge, the other two didn't. I cannot figure out why this is so or how to modify it so that our credit card fees are being covered for all transactions.

Could you please help me work this out?

Thanks so much!
Deidre

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 19 Jul, 2018 12:53 PM

Hi Diedre:

The online transaction fee will only be added to those people who choose the Paypal payment option. Those who choose to checkout with the "invoice" option and who intend to pay offline will not incur the fee.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 19 Jul, 2018 12:53 PM.

3. Tobias GardenLLC re-opened this discussion on 19 Jul, 2018 01:16 PM

4. 2 Posted by Tobias GardenLL... on 19 Jul, 2018 01:16 PM

Thank you for your response. All of the customers who chose the invoice only option did not receive the fee. The four members that I am referring to ALL made online payments which is why I am still confused as to why half of them did not receive the charge.

Thanks again for your help.

Gratefully His,
    Deidre Dealy

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by qroth on 19 Jul, 2018 04:11 PM

Hi Diedre:

I do show the following two memberships were checked out initially as "invoice":

Ali DeMersseman
    Tera Loftus

After having checked out with the invoice option, they have apparently changed their mind and decided to pay online.

Unfortunately that online transaction fee is only automatically added at initial checkout. If someone has this type of change of heart where they checkout saying they'll pay by check but then pay by credit card, the system is not setup to add that fee at that time.

We can set it up that Paypal is only available at checkout and people who choose the "invoice" option won't be able to pay online if you'd like. That's a setting we need to turn on on our end, so if you want that, please just let us know.

Q

6. qroth closed this discussion on 19 Jul, 2018 04:11 PM.

7. Tobias GardenLLC re-opened this discussion on 19 Jul, 2018 07:34 PM

8. 4 Posted by Tobias GardenLL... on 19 Jul, 2018 07:34 PM

If you could set it up that way I would appreciate it. If they have a change of heart I can edit their invoice. Thanks so much!!

Gratefully His,
    Deidre Dealy

9. Support Staff 5 Posted by qroth on 19 Jul, 2018 07:37 PM

Ok, I set that up for you.

If someone does have a change of heart, you'll have to send them a payment link directly from Paypal as the software will block any online payments on invoices that don't have the online transaction fee and that fee isn't able to be added manually.

Q

10. qroth closed this discussion on 19 Jul, 2018 07:37 PM.

11. Tobias GardenLLC re-opened this discussion on 19 Jul, 2018 08:31 PM

12. 6 Posted by Tobias GardenLL... on 19 Jul, 2018 08:31 PM

Gotcha. Thanks.

Gratefully His,
    Deidre Dealy

13. qroth closed this discussion on 20 Jul, 2018 12:46 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac