changing user info

's Avatar

info

13 Jun, 2013 04:23 PM

Hi,

Wondering if there's another way to change user information; I'm trying to add Jared Lydon to Rebecca Sarno's membership because they are a couple and there's no need for them to have separate accounts, but I don't know if I have to delete Jared's own account in order to add to Rebecca's. Also I'm trying to change the name on Lynn Daily/Mark Cudlip's account to Mark Daily & Lynn Cudlip (because that is actually their names) and it is saying I need to submit a new email for their account. Tips??

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 13 Jun, 2013 05:32 PM

Normally we don't recommend deleting members as we think there is value in keeping their information in the system as a sort of "paper trail". Of course, it looks like Jared Lydon hasn't had a membership since 2011, so maybe that's not that important to you anymore. So you have 2 options.

1) You could delete his membership and then you would be able to re-add him as part of Rebecca's membership without issue.
    2) or, you could just change the email in this old user account, just adding something like "[email blocked]". This would keep the old account in the system if you need to refer to it in the future, but it would allow you to use his real email address to create a new user to be added to Rebecca's membership.

As for Lynn and Mark, it seems there was an extra space in the email field which was causing that error. I was able to correct that and I just changed the name on that to Lynn Cudlip since Mark also had his own user account attached to the membership. If you want that differently, you should be able to go in and make those adjustments without issue now.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 13 Jun, 2013 05:32 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac