Rounding dispay error in invoice totalling

's Avatar

sally

05 Jun, 2013 08:42 PM

It seems that there in no rounding done when there is a percentage discount or charge. These extra decimals are being carried through to the final total and then since the display items are only shown to two decimals, the totals are not always adding up. For example, for this customer, the following balance is shown:

Balance: $63.25
June share- 4 weeks Small share $55.00
Charge Virginia 2.5 % food sales tax $1.38
Charge Virginia Tech donation $6.88

If I added these items up individually as shown the balance would equal $63.26.

This would not be a big deal except that I need to pass on the Virginia Tech donation portion to someone else along with the invoice copies. Multiplied by several customers the small change difference is an imbalance that I have to explain somehow. Is there a way you can truncate the % charge and discounts so that the unseen decimal places are rounded and do not carry over?

Thanks,
Sally

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Mike on 06 Jun, 2013 02:43 PM

Hi Sally,

I see what's happening. It's not that prices are getting cut off, it's the display on that invoice screen is individually rounding off each line item and then rounding off the invoice total after it's added together all the line items with their base numbers.

This doesn't appear to be widespread. There are 6 invoices that have totals being carried to three decimal places because of the odd number share costs multiplied by the fractional percentages.

I'm going to look into the programming and see how the totals of the invoices are saved to see if I can make these work out.

Mike

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Mike on 06 Jun, 2013 05:21 PM

Hi Sally,

I believe I've corrected the problem going forward.

For your June and July seasons I can run a process to recalculate invoices and balances if you like. That should straighten out the ones that are displaying wrong now.

Mike

3. Mike closed this discussion on 10 Jun, 2013 07:51 PM.

4. Sally Walker re-opened this discussion on 10 Jun, 2013 11:35 PM

5. 3 Posted by Sally Walker on 10 Jun, 2013 11:35 PM

Thanks Mike. I’ll keep the current invoices. I just explained them briefly to the person I had to split them with.

Thanks,

Sally

6. Mike closed this discussion on 11 Jun, 2013 01:35 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac