Banner menu

's Avatar

hornbake

22 May, 2013 12:25 PM

Attached is a capture of the upper menu. Note that the menu items are barely legible.

How do I lower the items so that they vertically center?

Thanks

1. 1 Posted by Lauren on 22 May, 2013 02:33 PM

Hi Rod,

I have checked on your site in updated version of Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer. While the first two are showing the menu items appropriately in the wooden header, Internet Explorer seems to bump the last menu item to the next line, underneath the others. This is a little different than what you are seeing, though it leads me to believe that perhaps older versions of Internet Explorer aren't displaying this part of the site correctly.

What browser do you currently use to view the site? If you don't have the most current version, you may want to update your browser and then see if you are still getting this problem.

I will also pass on your request to Shannon, our designer. She may have more insight as to why the template isn't displaying correctly.

Best,
    -Lauren, Farmer Support

2. 2 Posted by Shannon Knepper on 22 May, 2013 05:12 PM

Hi Rod,

I noticed your navigation was bumping to two lines, so I adjusted one of your menu tabs to have fewer characters (the tab 'About our farm' now says 'About us'). This bumps up that last tab to the first line. The navigation is sensitive to character count, so just be careful when adding tabs, and you should be good. Let me know if it's still looking incorrect on your end?

Best,
    Shannon
    Design & Customer Support

3. Shannon Knepper closed this discussion on 22 May, 2013 05:12 PM.

4. Rodney Hornbake re-opened this discussion on 26 May, 2013 09:14 PM

5. 3 Posted by Rodney Hornbake on 26 May, 2013 09:14 PM

looks ok on my ipad but not on my pc (google chrome)

final

Organically Grown Goodness

Rod Hornbake

256 Beaver Brook Road, Lyme, CT

Cell 860-918-4556

<http://newmerciesfarm.com/> NewMerciesFarm.com

Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 1:12 PM
    To: [email blocked]
    Subject: Re: Banner menu [General Questions #7058]

6. 4 Posted by Shannon Knepper on 29 May, 2013 04:07 PM

Hi Rod,

Let me check with the gang re: compatibility with Google Chrome; the site should display correctly on this browser. Will be in touch.

Best,
    Shannon
    Design & Customer Support

7. 5 Posted by Rodney Hornbake on 04 Jun, 2013 09:26 PM

Shannon,

I have been waiting this past week for the resolution of this problem. As you can see from this screen a great website is spoiled by the barely legible banner.

Please advise

Thank you

Rod Hornbake

PO Box 218

Hadlyme CT 06439

Cell 860-918-4556

Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 12:08 PM

8. 6 Posted by Rodney Hornbake on 04 Jun, 2013 09:30 PM

Team,

Please see email string below. We have an unresolved problem and no response in the past week.

Thanks

Rod Hornbake

PO Box 218

Hadlyme CT 06439

Cell 860-918-4556

Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 5:26 PM
    To: 'Shannon Knepper'
    Subject: RE: Banner menu [General Questions #7058]

Shannon,

I have been waiting this past week for the resolution of this problem. As you can see from this screen a great website is spoiled by the barely legible banner.

Please advise

Thank you

Rod Hornbake

PO Box 218

Hadlyme CT 06439

Cell 860-918-4556

Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 12:08 PM

9. 7 Posted by Lauren on 05 Jun, 2013 01:50 PM

Hi Rod,

I'm sorry that you've been waiting to hear back from us. Simon will personally look into this issue and get back to you today about it. One thing that I noticed that Shannon didn't ask you is what version of Google Chrome you have on your computer. Since it seems to be looking good on your Ipad (which likely has one of the newer versions of Chrome), perhaps your site is only showing up incorrectly on older versions (I am also able to see your site without issue on my updated version of Chrome on my desktop). You could try updating Chrome and see if that works, but again, Simon will be looking into this for you as well.

In the meantime, please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Best,
    -Lauren, Farmer Support

10. Support Staff 8 Posted by Simon Huntley on 05 Jun, 2013 07:35 PM

Hi Rod,

I'm trying to think what the problem might be, because the site loads fine on my Chrome here and everyone else's it sounds like. It is really hard to diagnose a problem without being able to recreate it. Any information including Chrome version # that will allow us to figure out what is going on in your system will help us fix it.

See attached. This is what it looks like on my chrome.

Thanks,
    Simon

11. 9 Posted by Rodney Hornbake on 06 Jun, 2013 10:01 AM

Simon,

Thanks for taking point on this vexing problem.

I have confirmed that the banner is unreadable only using Google Chrome. The computer running google is using Windows Home Premium Edition.

As to the version of google see this article http://www.digitaltrends.com/web/the-best-browser-internet-explorer-vs-chrome-vs-firefox-vs-safari/

which indicates that google updates occur in the background and are automatically applied the new version with each launch of the browser. Therefore I am running Google 25 like everyone else.

The article also documents the growing influence of google and the decline of IE and Firefox

Perhaps there is a forum for developers that addresses the issue?

Rod Hornbake

PO Box 218

Hadlyme CT 06439

Cell 860-918-4556

Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2013 3:36 PM

12. Support Staff 10 Posted by Simon Huntley on 06 Jun, 2013 06:30 PM

I went to "About Google Chrome" and I am in fact running Chrome 27, so I assume that is what you are running since things keep automatically updated.

I just wonder if there is something different about the way you have your browser, because I have checked this on Google Chrome on 4-5 different computers and it always looks fine and that template is used by a lot of other farmers and they are not complaining about any problems, nor have I seen any issues with this.

Maybe it is something cached in your browser? Have you tried to reset your cache like this:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95582?hl=en

Thanks,
    Simon

13. Lauren closed this discussion on 14 Jun, 2013 06:42 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac