emails

's Avatar

dawnsalerno

31 May, 2017 03:53 PM

Hey Friends-
Can any member unsubscribe themselves, if so what are exact instructions. Also, is there something I need to do to allow everyone to get emails I have several members that say that are not getting emails/I remember at one point you guys helped me do something that helped that situation!
THanks!
Dawn

1. 1 Posted by qroth on 31 May, 2017 04:30 PM

Hi Dawn:

If you are sending the email out using the Member Assembler mailing tool (meaning you are choosing from member types and pickup options), that will not include an "unsubscribe" link in the emails. The idea here being these are people who signed up for a specific service from you and you want to ensure that they are receiving your email notifications to them.

However, emails sent using the Regular Mailing List tool where you choose user groups instead of types/pickups, will include in the footer a message that says something like "Don't want to receive these anymore, click here to unsubscribe". If someone does unsubscribe via one of these emails but is also still an active member, the unsubscribe will affect the Member Assembler emails as well.

Regarding members not getting emails who you think should be:

1) Not sure if this is on the Dreyer or Wightman's account, but I was noticing on the Wightman's account that you don't have the Amazon SES certification done for the outgoing email account. Doing that process helps ensure that your emails make it to their recipients. To do that, go to - Connect --> Mailing List --> SES Mail and click the "send verification email" button. That'll send an email with a link for you to click on to complete the process. This will help to make sure outgoing emails aren't flagged as spam by recipient email providers.

2) If you have specific users who say they aren't receiving emails, you can go to - Administrate --> Users --> Manager Users to look them up by name or email. Click on their user ID to see their user profile. Some possible things you could determine here are:
    - the email was entered wrong and thus was bouncing - the email was correct, but bounced or errored at some point and was blocked from sending further emails. There will be a button to unblock and re-try for future emails - they might be in "Unsubscribe All" status which means they clicked that "unsubscribe" link in one of the emails in the past and so emails aren't being sent out.

If someone unsubscribed and didn't mean to, you need to uncheck that box and any associated user groups you want to re-add them to, then save their settings. Then go back into their user profile and re-add them to any of those user groups that they should be attached to.

Any further questions, let me know.

Q

2. qroth closed this discussion on 31 May, 2017 04:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac