Missing Data

's Avatar

sales

04 May, 2017 11:20 PM

Perhaps this didn't get resolved in the last ticket. I'm sorry to say this but I get really upset when I pay for a service and do not receive the service and people rely on me to make them a report. I pay for SFC to keep track of our sales history. It is not doing this consistently enough for my liking. The data below shows that this is not happening. Without looking too much into it the customer name column is not always saving and neither is the order date. Neither one of those fields should ever be blank. Both are needed to pull a report that is meaningful.

Here is my past experience as to why I'm coming on so strongly. For five years I converted a nursery software over to something called CompuPlants. It was a complete mess behind the scenes but we got it finally to some degree of workability nearly loosing our customer file a few times from the vendor. The user should not have to become the software designer. That is what you are hired to do and already have. SFC very much feels the same as CompuPlants. Obvious things to the user are not all that obvious to the designer and so the user has to instruct on how the software should work, the quirks/mistakes made, etc. The ecommerce side doesn't even seem to work flawlessly in the latest fertilizer order doesn't contain the customer name. Take a look at the data. How would you produce a pivot table with any inconsistencies?

1. 1 Posted by daniel on 05 May, 2017 02:56 PM

Hi Shawn,

I'm sorry to hear that you're frustrated.

Orders appear without a customer name for one of two reasons:

1) The order was created through admin and the person who created the order chose Anonymous for the order name.

2) The user who was associated with the order was deleted by the farmer admin.

Either way, they'll show up in the export with blank columns in the uid and name columns. We do not recommend that you ever delete users from your system.

I've looked into a number of the rows with blanks for these fields and have confirmed that these are not errors in the report.

Can you tell me exactly what data you're trying to pull from the system?

Thanks,

Daniel
    Farmer Support

2. daniel closed this discussion on 05 May, 2017 02:56 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac