Setting up for a different item

Brad

13 May, 2013 02:27 PM

we will be selling t-shirs this year. I would like to do pre orders on the website. I won't be taking payments. what is the best way to set this up with out being too invasive to the existing set up?
I assume create a "type" and get name. From that point I would like them to be able to bypass all the other info and be able to "check out"
There is so much background info that I wish not to disturb.

1. 1 Posted by Lauren on 13 May, 2013 07:18 PM

Hi Brad,

I think I have a solution for you. I'm going to assume that when you say you "won't be taking payments" you mean that you won't be taking payments right away online when your customer orders the t-shirt, but will either bill them in the future, or take payments in person when they pick up the shirt.

Therefore, you can use the Ecommerce tool to sell your shirts. Simply create a new department and add the t-shirt as an item. When you configure the checkout method, choose invoice only. This will enable your customer to place their shirt order, but not have to pay. Here is a link to the Ecommerce section of our help files, in case you need a refresher on how to create a Department.:

http://support.smallfarmcentral.com/kb/getting-started-with-ecommerce

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best,
    -Lauren, Farmer Support

2. Lauren closed this discussion on 13 May, 2013 07:18 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac