Users Maxed Out, but not really . . .

's Avatar

will

06 Mar, 2017 06:16 PM

I'm trying to view a particular user and I'm getting the following error message:

You have reached your user & mailing list limit of 1000 users. Please upgrade your plan to get a higher limit. Click to View Users

But that doesn't make sense because I already upgraded to allow for more users. I just sent out an email blast to over 2700 users without any problem. It's only when I try to view individual users information.

Please advise.

1. 1 Posted by daniel on 06 Mar, 2017 07:50 PM

Hi there,

The error message always returns "1,000" as the user limit, regardless of whether you have a custom user limit on your account. I know that's a bit confusing.

But in reality, your current limit is set at 3,250 and you have 3,259 users on the account. Back in September, it looks like you paid $100 for a one time addition of 2,000 users. Would you like to do that again?

Q will be back in the office tomorrow, he handles the custom billing. Just let us know what you'd like to do!

Thanks,

Daniel
    Farmer Support

2. daniel closed this discussion on 06 Mar, 2017 07:50 PM.

3. will re-opened this discussion on 07 Mar, 2017 11:48 AM

4. 2 Posted by will on 07 Mar, 2017 11:48 AM

I will leave it as is. Thanks.

5. 3 Posted by daniel on 07 Mar, 2017 02:54 PM

Hi Will,

Alright, we'll leave it as is for now. Let us know if you change your mind or if there's anything else we can help you with.

Best,

Daniel
    Farmer Support

6. daniel closed this discussion on 07 Mar, 2017 02:54 PM.

7. will re-opened this discussion on 14 Mar, 2017 03:33 PM

8. 4 Posted by will on 14 Mar, 2017 03:33 PM

Hi Daniel,

Is there any way to easily clean up my user database on your end? There are a number of old users whose emails bounce back when I do a broadcast email. In the database, under User Admin, the user is highlighted in red which makes them easy to identify. However, I cannot select multiple users to delete with one action. So, I have to delete them individually. To make matters worse, after the deletion, the program takes me back to page 1. I have 131 pages of users. Oh yea, and a dialogue box shows up every time I make a deletion to confirm I want to take that action further slowing down and already tedious process.

I am on satellite internet (i.e., slow internet) as are most farmers (your users) because we are in the country. So the way your database is currently set up, it will take me days to complete this action. Can you simply write a script and have it go thru my database and delete all red users?

Thanks,

Will

9. 5 Posted by daniel on 14 Mar, 2017 04:32 PM

Hey there Will,

I understand your frustration. I went ahead and upgraded you an additional 500 users at no cost.

In the long-run, we're discussing some changes to how this system calculates the total number of users. It could be adjusted to not include bounced users or users who have unsubscribed from all messages, for instance.

In the short term, if you do want to go through and delete these bounced users, I'd recommend pulling up the list of bounced users by going to Connect-->Mailing List-->SES Mail and clicking "View Bounced Emails". Then, in a separate window, go to Administrate-->Users-->Manage Users and search for the folks in the bounced list, then delete them. This is probably a little bit faster than going through the pages one by one.

Let us know if we can assist. If this is still frustrating for you, I'd be happy to lend a hand.

Best,

Daniel
    Farmer Support

10. daniel closed this discussion on 14 Mar, 2017 04:32 PM.

11. will re-opened this discussion on 14 Mar, 2017 05:34 PM

12. 6 Posted by will on 14 Mar, 2017 05:34 PM

You’re the best! Thank you!!!

13. 7 Posted by daniel on 14 Mar, 2017 05:41 PM

You're welcome--have a good one!

Daniel

14. daniel closed this discussion on 14 Mar, 2017 05:41 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac