Discontinuing Service

's Avatar

grittbradley

29 Dec, 2016 04:58 PM

Good Morning,
I am in the process of building a new website and changing my CSA software service. I was wanting to find out what I need to do to get my domain name www.grittsfarm.com and if the mail system of the @grittsfarm.com email address is something I can use if no longer using small farm central. I want to thank you for hosting my service for the last couple years and for all the assistance along the way, we just are looking for a new look. Please feel free to contact me via email or by phone.

Thanks,
Brad Gritt

1. 1 Posted by qroth on 29 Dec, 2016 07:01 PM

Hi Brad:

Sorry to hear that you are planning on leaving us. We do understand there can come time for a change.

I did just want to make sure you knew that even if you get a different website, you could continue using Member Assembler if you wanted to. Your Member Assembler pages would just be a stand-alone page located at grittsfarm.csasignup.com that you would link to from your new website.

As for your domain, the easiest way to transfer the domain would be if you had a GoDaddy.com account. We register our domains through them, so if you have an account with them, you would just need to forward us your account number and the email address associated with that account. Then we could simply transfer ownership of the domain to you. It is possible to transfer to other domain registrars but the process is a little more detailed.

And the email accounts - we have those set up through a company called AISO. If you wanted to keep them with AISO, I could check to see about transferring ownership of those to you. I've never done that so i'm not sure if it is possible, but could investigate that if you wanted to. The other options would be if your new website provider provides email accounts, they could just set up new versions of those addresses for you through their service or you could create new versions through something like Google Gsuite (formerly Google Apps).

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 29 Dec, 2016 07:01 PM.

3. Bradley Gritt re-opened this discussion on 11 Jan, 2017 03:23 AM

4. 2 Posted by Bradley Gritt on 11 Jan, 2017 03:23 AM

Good Evening,
    I would still like to discontinue my service. I will be switching both the
    website as well as CSA software. I received the bill today for January and
    was wondering if I could get that charge dropped since I will be
    discontinuing service. Let me know if this is possible and steps I need to
    take to make this happen. I would like to keep the website live until the
    end of January but cancel service being in february.

Thanks,
    Brad Gritt

5. 3 Posted by qroth on 11 Jan, 2017 02:07 PM

Hi Bradley:

I cancelled out the Member Assembler service and refunded that fee.

Your next billing for the website is 2/1, so as long as you cancel before that, you won't be charged again.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

6. qroth closed this discussion on 11 Jan, 2017 02:07 PM.

7. Bradley Gritt re-opened this discussion on 31 Jan, 2017 09:38 PM

8. 4 Posted by Bradley Gritt on 31 Jan, 2017 09:38 PM

Good Afternoon,
    I will be setting up a website on weebly and was wondering if you could
    transfer my domain. I have a godaddy account now and my account # is 147423838.
    Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Brad Gritt

9. 5 Posted by qroth on 31 Jan, 2017 09:47 PM

Hi Brad:

I've initiated that account ownership change. You'll need to log into your GoDaddy account and accept the transfer. Once you make the transfer, you'll want to make sure you update the contact information associated with the domain so it no longer is SFC's information.

Even after completing the transfer, the site should still point towards your SFC site. When you make the change to point the domain towards your new site, let us know and we will disable your SFC account.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

10. qroth closed this discussion on 31 Jan, 2017 09:47 PM.

11. Bradley Gritt re-opened this discussion on 01 Feb, 2017 01:15 PM

12. 6 Posted by Bradley Gritt on 01 Feb, 2017 01:15 PM

The transfer of the domain failed because of opting in to a 60 day lock. I
    don't believe I did this and was wondering if on your end you can see why
    this occurred and or if you are able to unlock it.

Thanks,
    Brad Gritt

13. 7 Posted by qroth on 01 Feb, 2017 01:58 PM

Hi Brad:

I show the transfer of account ownership is complete. We received notice from GoDaddy and when I look, that domain is no longer in the Small Farm Central account.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

14. qroth closed this discussion on 01 Feb, 2017 01:58 PM.

15. Bradley Gritt re-opened this discussion on 23 Feb, 2017 09:38 PM

16. 8 Posted by Bradley Gritt on 23 Feb, 2017 09:38 PM

Good Afternoon,
    I am having issues with my email through AISO and was wondering if you
    could look into it. I am unable to login to the site now. I know with
    discontinuing the service may be the issue, but was just wondering if I
    should contact them or how to proceed. Thanks for the help in advance.

Thanks,
    Brad Gritt

17. 9 Posted by qroth on 23 Feb, 2017 09:46 PM

Hi Brad:

It looks like you switched over the nameservers to your new website. Because you did that, your mail accounts are no longer linked up with your domain.

For the time being you could re-connect them by having your new host update the MX records associated with your domain (this is what controls where emails flow) to:

mx1.aiso.net
    mx2.aiso.net

Once you close out your SFC account, we will close out that AISO account. As I mentioned previously, if you wanted to keep those emails with AISO, we could look into transferring control of that account to you. Or you could re-set up those same addresses through another email service like Google Gsuite.

Q

18. qroth closed this discussion on 23 Feb, 2017 09:46 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac