News Feed Breaks

's Avatar

grit

17 Apr, 2013 12:20 PM

Every time I update a specific FDP (Pastured Poultry Producer Directory), it breaks my news feed on the home page of my site. The fix is to remove the entry from the RSS feed in the Admin area.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 17 Apr, 2013 01:45 PM

I see what you're talking about. My guess is that there is something with the formatting of that table that is causing the break in the RSS. For now I turned off the "add this to RSS feed" option on that FDP page, so it won't try to add it every time you make an update. Let me check with Simon and see if we can figure out a way to make this work, as I imagine you'd like people to see when updates have been made to that page, right?

Is that page something you update on a regular basis or are updates pretty infrequent? If they are infrequent, another option to get this to show up on your RSS feed would be to just do a short blog entry - "PPPD Updated" on those occasions that you make updates. But if this is something you are making additions/deletions to on a fairly frequent basis, that wouldn't be an ideal solution.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 17 Apr, 2013 01:45 PM.

3. APPPA Director re-opened this discussion on 18 Apr, 2013 12:12 AM

4. 2 Posted by APPPA Director on 18 Apr, 2013 12:12 AM

Your solution works for me - just not adding it to the RSS by default. I update this page often, but it's not something that needs to be posted in the news section each time.

thanks,

Mike Badger
    APPPA Director
    (570) 584-2309
    www.apppa.org

On 4/17/2013 9:45 AM, qroth wrote:
    // Add your reply above here
    ==================================================
    Subject: News Feed Breaks

I see what you're talking about.  My guess is that there is something with the formatting of that table that is causing the break in the RSS.  For now I turned off the "add this to RSS feed" option on that FDP page, so it won't try to add it every time you make an update.  Let me check with Simon and see if we can figure out a way to make this work, as I imagine you'd like people to see when updates have been made to that page, right?

Is that page something you update on a regular basis or are updates pretty infrequent?  If they are infrequent, another option to get this to show up on your RSS feed would be to just do a short blog entry - "PPPD Updated" on those occasions that you make updates.  But if this is something you are making additions/deletions to on a fairly frequent basis, that wouldn't be an ideal solution.  

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

View this Discussion online: http://support.smallfarmcentral.com/discussions/questions/6253-news-feed-breaks

--

Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.

5. qroth closed this discussion on 18 Apr, 2013 01:05 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac