Restriction or Formatting

's Avatar

shawn

17 Apr, 2016 11:08 PM

Any chance to put a restriction on customers so that only one product category is selected? I.e. "Wholesale" instead of even having the dropdown for "Farm Store" produce items.?
Any chance there could be a difference in the font or format in the different categories if not? A little greyed font just doesn't do it justice. We simply have overlapping lists and I'd rather have other people enter the orders.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 18 Apr, 2016 01:33 PM

Hi Shawn:

I'm not sure I'm understanding what you are asking. Are you asking about on the public side of the site? or with regards to the reporting?

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 18 Apr, 2016 01:33 PM.

3. Shawn - Castle Valley Farms re-opened this discussion on 18 Apr, 2016 01:59 PM

4. 2 Posted by Shawn - Castle ... on 18 Apr, 2016 01:59 PM

We have different products and pricing for the various groups and Wholesale is one of those groups.

Regardless of public or not "customer x" (Moonflower Coop in this case) only purchases wholesale products at wholesale prices. The customer file needs a restriction built in to allow only wholesale products to show in order entry. Then we can use the keyboard almost exclusively in order entry and avoid a mouse and make sure they are charged correctly when others are entering the orders.

It would also be helpful in order entry to have the ability to put in decimals (I.e. 5.7# of kale). The drop down list would have to go away and a number field added that only accepts numbers.
    Hope this helps clarify,

Shawn Speidel
    Farm Director

Castle Valley Farms at DayStar Adventist Academy
    HC 64, Box 2201 (Mail) 320 East Castleton Rd. (Packages/Store)
    Castle Valley, UT 84532
    Office: 435-259-8099 Cell: 719-377-1740

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by qroth on 18 Apr, 2016 03:19 PM

Ok, Shawn, I see what you are saying - you're talking about when you are manually entering an order, right? So instead of having the entire list of items for all departments showing up, you'd want to control what departments show up for users based on their user group. Let me run this by our developer and see what is possible.

As for your second item - when manually entering an order you can click the "custom price/weight" option at the top of the page. This will provide you with fields for adding in a "price/weight" and a "weight" fields, though in the end it just enters the final price on the invoice. So for example if you enter $2.50 as the price/lb and then enter a weight of 1.8 lb, it'll just put an item on the invoice for $4.50. Not sure if that is helpful for you or not.

Q

6. qroth closed this discussion on 18 Apr, 2016 03:19 PM.

7. Shawn Speidel re-opened this discussion on 18 Apr, 2016 03:30 PM

8. 4 Posted by Shawn Speidel on 18 Apr, 2016 03:30 PM

Yes
    and yes. Thank you.

Shawn Speidel
    *Farm Director*

*Castle Valley Farms at DayStar Adventist Academy*
    HC 64 Box 2201 - *(Mailing)*
    320 E. Castleton Rd. - *(Packages/Store)*
    Castle Valley, UT 84532

9. qroth closed this discussion on 18 Apr, 2016 06:00 PM.

10. Shawn Speidel re-opened this discussion on 16 Feb, 2017 06:15 PM

11. 5 Posted by Shawn Speidel on 16 Feb, 2017 06:15 PM

Hi Q,

1) Thanks for the fixes. Is there a way I can adjust text field sizes on my
    end?
    2) Any way I can adjust this formatting on my end?
    3) Will I have issues going forward if I always use subitems? The previous
    farmer was not consistent.
    4) I'm looking for a way to see all inventory even by department and by
    product exported so I can just scan down a list looking for problems.
    There's a lot of plus sign clicking.

Shawn Speidel
    *Farm Director*

*Castle Valley Farms at DayStar Adventist Academy*
    HC 64 Box 2201 - *(Mailing)*
    320 E. Castleton Rd. - *(Packages/Store)*
    Castle Valley, UT 84532

12. Support Staff 6 Posted by qroth on 16 Feb, 2017 06:39 PM

1 + 2) Both of these adjustments were done via custom CSS code. Not sure how familiar you are with CSS coding, but if you know (or learn) about CSS coding, custom CSS can be added by going to - Display --> Template Settings --> CSS.

3) If you are ever uncertain, I would say just delete the options in that department (not the item completely, just the individual options in the department) and re-add the item to that departments inventory.

4) Understood. I'll pass along your comments to the development team and see if they think there is anything that could be done in this regard.

Q

13. qroth closed this discussion on 16 Feb, 2017 06:39 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac