uploading a pdf

's Avatar

buttemountainfarm

19 Feb, 2015 06:21 AM

I would like to include a flier about a tour in an e-mail to customers. I'm not seeing how to do that. Would you please tell me what I need to do?

Thanks,
Carolyn

1. 1 Posted by Mike on 19 Feb, 2015 02:34 PM

Hi Carolyn,

I can see what you were attempting to do yesterday. I see you were trying to upload a .mht file. That type of file won't work for people to link to on the internet. But what you can do is you can save it as a .pdf which will work.

An .mht file can only be opened in your browser on the same computer that you created it from, I believe. It's not a very portable file type. It just works for Internet Explorer for saving a web page so you could view it when your connection is down. But you can open the file in your browser and then go to print it. Then instead of choosing a printer you choose "Print as PDF".

I'm wondering actually, why you are using an .mht file. Is it a flier that you designed using a web layout program or does it actually exist on a web page somewhere? If it is on a website somewhere then you don't need to make an mht, convert to pdf, upload the pdf, and then link to that upload -- You could just link to where it is on that web page.

We'll be happy to help you get the file one way or another!

Mike

2. Mike closed this discussion on 19 Feb, 2015 02:34 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac