Request for Training

's Avatar

csa

29 Jan, 2015 09:53 PM

Greetings,

I am wondering if you have more information about the accounting side of Small Farm Central-Member Assembler. My bookkeeper is running into several issues with the way we are exporting data and we would like to know if you offer more information about the accounting side of SFC Member Assembler.

1) Is there a good training resource to get more information about the accounting side of SFC? Such as how accounts receivable member data can be exported?

2) We would like to export all of our 2015 Customers, that have signed up between certain days. How is this retrieved?

3) Where can I find the current trial balance? What is owed by CSA members?

4) Is there a way to tell if Invoices/Seasons are outstanding? I have several customers whose payments were applied to different seasons and therefore Payment request emails are incorrect.

5) When items are changed/added/deleted for the season, it updates the invoice from when the customer signed up, which is creating an accounting nightmare because invoices are being changed several months afterwards. How do we account for these changes for monitoring our accounts receivable?

I'm sure my bookkeeper has several more questions. Should we submit an email if we have more questions?

Thank you,

Emily Babbitt

1. 1 Posted by qroth on 30 Jan, 2015 03:41 PM

Hi Emily:

I'm going to try to answer your questions here, but in the end it might be best to just have your bookkeeper call so we can work through their questions without a lot of back and forth emails.

1) We don't have any accounting specific training for Member Assembler.

There are a couple ways to get accounts receivable information. The primary way would be to do an Invoice Export. That export is done on a date range basis, so it will export any invoices created within your chosen range.

The important thing to remember is that normally the balance you see for a membership is across all of their seasons, so running the invoice export is the best way to see that an invoice is actually zeroed out. That report will show their Member Balance (overall balance) and their Total Payment (amount actually assigned to that invoice).

2) Once again the best way to do this is an Invoice Export. You'll just enter your date range. Be aware that because this export is done based purely on date range, it could contain invoices from multiple seasons (if you have multiple seasons available for signup during that time). There will be a season column that will allow you to sort out any non-2015 invoices.

3) I'm not sure what you mean by "trial balance".

The quickest/easiest way to get a quick glance at all outstanding balances is to go to - Member Assembler --> Members --> View Members. If you don't have any filter or search on here, it will show all members across all seasons. You can click on the "balance" header to sort them by the outstanding balance, so you can see generally how many people have an outstanding balance.

If you want to send an email to everyone with an outstanding balance, you can use the Payment Request tool (Member Assembler --> Accounting --> Payment Request). You can do this on their overall outstanding balance or against a specific seasons' invoice. (http://support.smallfarmcentral.com/kb/member-assembler/requesting-...)

Because the outstanding balance is cross-seasonal, it can be hard to get an export report of everyone who has an outstanding balance. If you run a member report, those are based on season, so it will only show members in the season that you run the report for. You may need to run several seasons reports, merge and remove duplicates to get a full picture.

4) Once again I think you would be best to run an Invoice Export. Looking at this report you can compare the invoice amount, the member balance and the amount attributed to the particular invoice.

5) Yes, there is only one invoice per season, so if someone does make an adjustment mid season, it will cause the original invoice to be adjusted. I'm not sure what you are asking here. If the change results in them owing more money, they will show an outstanding balance and running a Payment Request will result in them getting a notice that they owe money.

Ok, I hope this is helpful. Please let us know if you have other questions.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 30 Jan, 2015 03:41 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac