Auth.net

's Avatar

farm

16 Jan, 2015 06:44 PM

Hi I have been trying all week to get signed up with Auth.net the company who holds our merchant account is giving us all kinds of grief...they don't wNt to give us the "card not present" account...or at least making us jump through all kinds of hoops. Is this normal?not sure if I should bail on them or start over..any advice?

1. 1 Posted by qroth on 16 Jan, 2015 07:41 PM

Hi:

I'm not sure if i'd say it's normal but it isn't unheard of for a merchant services provider to make you jump through some extra hoops to set up your CSA with the necessary services for online payment. If you continue to have issues, you might want to consider just using a different service.

We work with a company, Total Merchant Services, who we have been working with for several years. They are familiar with CSAs and what we do here at Small Farm Central, so there aren't any extra hoops to jump through. We do have to submit an application on your behalf and that takes several days to be approved. The costs for TMS' merchant account and the Authorize.net account end up running about $20/month. If you'd want us to help you with this, let me know. We'd want to schedule a time to complete the application over the phone.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2015 07:41 PM.

3. Farm re-opened this discussion on 16 Jan, 2015 10:40 PM

4. 2 Posted by Farm on 16 Jan, 2015 10:40 PM

Thank you. They gave us approval but the payments have to be split up...can't pay off balance at one time. As we are already late getting going I guess we will stick with them...very frustrating! Thank you for your help...we may revisit this.

Sent from my iPhone

5. qroth closed this discussion on 19 Jan, 2015 02:40 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac