importing

's Avatar

cheryl

04 Sep, 2014 11:00 PM

Can I import my current customers in the middle of our season by using a csv file?

I think it is awesome I can update my items and produce a harvest list however I am wondering two things. Does the customer see this ahead of time?

Would if I run out of an item or am unable to harvest it do to the weather say it bolts or is frozen can I alter it once the box is built?

Example Monday and Tuesday customers get one item and then Wednesday customers get a sub?

1. 1 Posted by Lauren on 05 Sep, 2014 01:19 PM

HI Cheryl,

While you can import your members as Users in the system (User information consists at least of a person's name and email address) you will need to add them to a membership manually since choices have to be made in the system for pickup location, memberships types, etc.

How many members are we talking about? Usually we recommend people who are starting out and have a large amount of members to just have them sign up themselves for the next season or session that you offer. However some of our farmers who have a small member base will create a season and add their members to it manually.

Your members are not automatically sent information about the boxes you build or the harvest lists you create. This information is for your planning. However, if you want to let your members know ahead of time what they can expect in their next box, you can copy and paste this information into a Member Assembler email and send them an update.

To answer your question, you are able to edit boxes after you create them, and re-run harvest lists to reflect the changes you made to your boxes.

I hope this helps! Let me know if I missed anything or if you have any additional questions.

Best,
    -Lauren, Farmer Support

2. Lauren closed this discussion on 05 Sep, 2014 01:19 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac