pick up list question

's Avatar

teresa

29 Aug, 2014 02:43 PM

Hi y'all,

I'm dealing with confusion on the part of my customers related to the pick up lists and wondering if there's an easy solution that I'm missing. We have several add on options that are either monthly, or at intervals. I'd like my checklists to include what people are signed up for, but on weeks they aren't receiving add ons would like to remove those items from the check lists. I've figured out how to make it invisible in the totals at the bottom of the page... but that doesn't remove the item from the checklist. ..and then if you remove the add on you remove members who receive it from the checklist. Solutions?

1. 1 Posted by qroth on 29 Aug, 2014 03:13 PM

Hi Teresa:

Yes, it can be a challenge to select the proper options to ensure you are showing what you want.

It sounds like you just need to do the right combination of options in the "Member Types" box and the "Hide" option.

In the case of a week where a share type is not being delivered at all, for example, a week when you are not delivering either the bi-weekly or monthly honey shares, you will want to simply UNSELECT that member type from the "member types" box. This will remove all references to that member type and its options on your pickup lists; you don't need to worry about using the "Hide" tool to hide the individual options.

However, in the case of a week where you are delivering the bi-weekly honey shares but not the monthly shares, you'll want to leave the honey share selected in the "member types" box and then simply select the "monthly honey share" item in the "Hide" box. This will hide all references to the monthly honey share in the list portion of the pickup lists but the members with that share type will still show up with their other share selections. If you include the "Option Counts" totals at the bottom of your pickup lists, it will note the number of hidden options. If you don't want your members to see this, you could remove these numbers from your public pickup list (just unclick the "total shares of each option" box from the pickup lists settings).

You don't want to use the "Exclude" option. This is only good for certain instances when you have members who get a bi-weekly share but nothing else. If you use the exclude option on a share option, it will exclude any member with that share completely from the pickup lists.

If you still have any questions on how to set your pickup lists for a certain combination of shares, let us know. We'd be glad to walk you through this over the phone if that would be easier.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 29 Aug, 2014 03:13 PM.

3. Teresa Kurtak re-opened this discussion on 29 Aug, 2014 03:21 PM

4. 2 Posted by Teresa Kurtak on 29 Aug, 2014 03:21 PM

ah hah! I think I've got it. Thank you!

5. qroth closed this discussion on 29 Aug, 2014 03:25 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac