Why does my RSS Feed say nothing is new when I just made a blog post?

's Avatar

bill

15 Aug, 2014 11:02 PM

Please help me with this question.

Thanks,

Bill
Hollygrove Market

1. 1 Posted by Lauren on 16 Aug, 2014 09:18 PM

Hi Bill,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will get it fixed for you as soon as we can and touch base with you again on Monday.

Best,
    -Lauren, Farmer Support

2. 2 Posted by Bill Pastellak on 16 Aug, 2014 09:35 PM

thx

3. 3 Posted by Lauren on 18 Aug, 2014 02:21 PM

Hi Bill,

We found some Google Analytics code tacked added to the html code of a few of your Farmer Defined Pages. If you are using Google Analytics to track information on your website, you will want to add this code to the "Script Block" section of your Control Panel. There are instructions about how to do this here: http://support.smallfarmcentral.com/kb/small-farm-central/installin...

However, we also noticed that you already have Google Analytics code in your Script Block and that it is different than the code on your pages. It looks to us like you may have set up two separate accounts. Since we don't know your intentions with this, we did not want to make any changes yet. We assume that you meant to replace the old code with the code that was added to the updated FDP pages, but that it was put in the wrong spot by mistake.

Let us know about your Google Analytics and then we will be able to fix this and get your RSS back on your homepage.

Best,
    -Lauren, Farmer Support

4. 4 Posted by Bill Pastellak on 18 Aug, 2014 06:02 PM

I don't know why that is. Please reset it so there is only Google Analytics
    code in my script block. Let me know if you need anything else from me.

thx

bill

5. 5 Posted by Lauren on 19 Aug, 2014 03:24 PM

Hi Bill,

We just need to know which from you which Google Analytics code is correct, since the code in your script block is different than the one on your pages. We are able to see the tracking IDs in the code, so we just need you to verify which one you are using. You can only have one on your site.

UA-12267301-1
    or
    UA-53740537-1

To find the tracking ID of your Google Analytics account:

1. Sign in to your Google Analytics account, and go to the admin page.
    2. Select an account from the dropdown in the Account column.
    3. Select a property from the dropdown in the Property column.
    4. Click Tracking Info.

Here is more information from Google Analytics: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1032385?hl=en

Let me know if you have any questions, or if you have trouble finding your tracking code.

Best,
    -Lauren, Farmer Support

6. 6 Posted by Bill Pastellak on 20 Aug, 2014 12:42 AM

(UA-12267301-1) here ya go. This is the correct one.

Bill

7. 7 Posted by Lauren on 20 Aug, 2014 01:18 PM

Thanks Bill,

I took the code out of those pages and your RSS is back to normal! If you want to adjust what updates are shown on the homepage, navigate in the Control Panel to Administrate > RSS and you can delete RSS posts that you don't want.

Let me know if you have any questions or if there is anything else I can do.

Best,
    -Lauren, Farmer Support

8. Lauren closed this discussion on 20 Aug, 2014 01:18 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac