transaction fees

's Avatar

ocp

21 Jul, 2014 02:42 PM

Is there a way to add a transaction fee to each total order from the store. - Say .50 for a total order. How do I do this? Louise

1. 1 Posted by qroth on 21 Jul, 2014 02:48 PM

Hi Louise:

So you just want a flat $.50 charge for any e-commerce order?

One way you could do this is to enable the "flat rate shipping fee". Go to - Sell --> Configure --> Shipping and choose the "Flat Rate Shipping" option from the top dropdown menu. Then you can change what the fee is called and set the flat amount. This will be added as a flat fee to each order.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 21 Jul, 2014 02:48 PM.

3. Orchard Country Produce re-opened this discussion on 21 Jul, 2014 03:07 PM

4. 2 Posted by Orchard Country... on 21 Jul, 2014 03:07 PM

is there any way to do this for only folks who choose to pay with credit
    cards? So if folks pay with invoice (check) they would not get charged the
    fee. Louise

5. 3 Posted by qroth on 21 Jul, 2014 04:36 PM

Hi Louise:

That currently is not possible. However, you can instruct your check paying customers to ignore the extra fee. Then when you add the payment against the order, you can just adjust the order for the fee. You can do this by creating a "free shipping" coupon in e-commerce (Sell --> Configure --> Coupons) and adding that coupon to their order before adding the payment. Also, you can just add some additional text to the checkout page (Sell --> Configure --> Display Settings) that instructs customers to enter the coupon code if they are paying by check (though it would be possible for someone paying by credit card to use the code too).

Q

6. qroth closed this discussion on 21 Jul, 2014 04:36 PM.

7. Orchard Country Produce re-opened this discussion on 21 Jul, 2014 07:56 PM

8. 4 Posted by Orchard Country... on 21 Jul, 2014 07:56 PM

If folks have run up a bill on the store for say, $40.00 - how can they go
    to the website and pay for this using the new credit card processing that I
    just integrated with out going to the store and buying and going through
    the checkout. They do not wish to purchase any new items, they just want
    to pay an outstanding bill from the store. Louise

9. 5 Posted by qroth on 21 Jul, 2014 08:07 PM

There currently is not a way through the system to let people make online payments for previous purchases made through the e-commerce. However, since you now have an Authorize.net account set up, you can run credit card payments directly through their site and then you would just need to manually add the payment against the order in E-commerce. All you need to do is log into your Authorize.net account and click on the "Tools" option in the main menu. This should bring you to a page called "Virtual Terminal" where you can enter the credit card information and the payment amount and run the transaction. Once the transaction is made, you can add the payment against the order just like you would do if someone gave you a check.

10. qroth closed this discussion on 21 Jul, 2014 08:07 PM.

11. Orchard Country Produce re-opened this discussion on 22 Jul, 2014 02:04 PM

12. 6 Posted by Orchard Country... on 22 Jul, 2014 02:04 PM

hi! I just called you , but since maybe this might be the faster way to
    get an answer I am emailing as well. I tried to integrate authorize.net to
    the website yesterday. I assumed that it was working OK since I ran a
    test, but now I realize from customers that they are not able to checkout.
    they get an error message like this email from a customer. Can you please
    help me with this. thanks, Louise

Gregg,

I just tried to place an order for eggs and then the check out will not
    work. The error that is popping up is: 'customer information manager not
    enabled'. I am not sure what this means and can not find any related boxes
    to check off.

13. 7 Posted by qroth on 22 Jul, 2014 02:11 PM

Hi Gregg:

We didn't set up the Authorize.net account for you, did we? If we didn't, you'll need to contact Authorize.net directly and ask them to turn on the "Customer Information Manager" feature. This is an essential tool that allows our software to communicate properly with Authorize.net.

When you say you ran a test, did you walk through the store and go through the entire process to completion, including running the payment all the way through? I would recommend you do that after you get the Customer Information Manager in place.

In the meantime, I think you still have a Paypal account, right? You might want to switch the online payments back over to that in the meantime until you get this corrected.

Q

14. qroth closed this discussion on 22 Jul, 2014 02:11 PM.

15. Orchard Country Produce re-opened this discussion on 22 Jul, 2014 03:22 PM

16. 8 Posted by Orchard Country... on 22 Jul, 2014 03:22 PM

OK, now how do I integrate authorize.net to the member assembler and
    disable paypal? Louise

17. 9 Posted by qroth on 22 Jul, 2014 03:31 PM

Ok, a few steps here:

1) Go to - Member Assembler --> Scheduled Payments --> Authorize Config. You'll see the same fields here for the authorize.net login name and transaction key. Copy these over from the E-commerce area. Easiest way to do that is to open the control panel in 2 browser windows - have the Member Assembler page open in one and then go to - Sell --> Configure --> Integration in the other. From there just copy/paste those codes over.
    2) Also on that Authorize Config page, you'll need to fill out the fields with the farm info, the privacy policy and the refund/cancellation policy. Be sure to save your changes on this page.
    3) Then you'll need to set up your payment schedule. To do this, go to - Member Assembler --> Scheduled Payments --> Schedule Template. For more info on doing this, check out the help file: http://support.smallfarmcentral.com/kb/member-assembler/setting-up-...
    4) Finally, once everything is in place, you'll switch it over from Paypal. Go to - Member Assembler --> Configure --> Checkout and you'll switch that main dropdown option from "Invoice or Paypal" to "Invoice or Member Assembler Payments".

If you want me to take a look at things after you've made those changes, just let me know.

Q

18. qroth closed this discussion on 22 Jul, 2014 03:31 PM.

19. Orchard Country Produce re-opened this discussion on 22 Jul, 2014 06:15 PM

20. 10 Posted by Orchard Country... on 22 Jul, 2014 06:15 PM

Ok I think I did it! Could you check it please. I would like to try it
    out, but I hate to find out that it did not work! Louise

21. 11 Posted by qroth on 22 Jul, 2014 06:24 PM

Ok, the authorize.net looks set up properly. The way you currently have it set up, it'll make them pay $70 upon initial signup, then it'll split their remaining balance into 3 monthly payments beginning on 8/22. If that is what you intended, then you are in good shape.

You may want to do a test signup and go all the way through with charging the card, just to make 100% certain that everything is working, but it LOOKS ok to me.

Q

22. qroth closed this discussion on 22 Jul, 2014 06:24 PM.

23. Orchard Country Produce re-opened this discussion on 23 Jul, 2014 12:14 PM

24. 12 Posted by Orchard Country... on 23 Jul, 2014 12:14 PM

I have another question for you.
    If I attach the store balances to the member assembler balances, will folks
    be able to pay their store balances with a credit card? There are some
    people who let their balances go until they get higher. (they do not feel
    like using the card for a $4.00 purchase.) I cannot figure out how those
    folks can pay with a card unless they give me the information over the
    phone and I manually enter it. I thought that if it was attached to the
    member assembler then I could send them a status email that would have the
    balance due and the credit card link.
    Louise

25. 13 Posted by qroth on 23 Jul, 2014 01:13 PM

Yes and no.

Basically there are two balances in the system - a Member Assembler balance and an e-commerce balance. If you do the combined balances, it only combines them on the Member Assembler side. So if you look at their membership, you'll see any transactions (purchases, memberships, and payments) made on either the MA or E-commerce side of things. However, if you look at balances in E-commerce at the individual user level, it will only show the e-commerce transactions.

So, if you combine balances, any e-commerce transactions will show up as a balance due in Member Assembler and the member could log into their membership and make a credit card payment against that outstanding balance. However, that payment will end up logged against the membership, not the e-commerce transactions themselves. If you only look at their Member Assembler balance, everything will appear fine. If you go to e-commerce, it will appear that they still owe you money.

One thing you could do is allow people to make payments like this, but then you could manually re-assign the payment to e-commerce. After they make the payment, you would just have to delete the payment from the Member Assembler side and then re-add it against their e-commerce balance.

We currently do not have a way that allows users to log in and make credit card payments directly against an existing e-commerce balance, so as you state, the only other way to do that would be to have them give you the credit card # and run it manually.

I hope this is clear. Let me know if you need any clarification.

Q

26. qroth closed this discussion on 23 Jul, 2014 01:13 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac