Couple of questions

's Avatar

debra

17 Jan, 2013 05:19 PM

Can you tell me how to moderate comments to our blog/filter spam? It appears that we have some spam comments appearing and I'd like to get them out of view on our website.

Also you folks helped set up our google email domain (@villlageacresfarm.com). I'm curious if there is a certain admin account we can change setting for the domain. I'm having difficulty making google calendars public to folks outside the @villageacresfarm.com domain. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Deb

1. 1 Posted by Lauren on 17 Jan, 2013 06:10 PM

Hi Deb,

We've been seeing a big increase in spam comment lately that seem to be too smart for the Captcha (spam filtering) programs. We put a couple fixes on the server, one that basically just cuts off all commenting to a site when a certain number is hit each day or each hour.

Are you getting a lot of use out of the comments function? If not, one solution is to just turn the whole functionality off. You can also just turn commenting off for particular types of pages. If it's a manageable amount of spam and you want to still allow people to comment, you can keep comments turned on and you will just have to be diligent about editing them.

All of those solutions can be implemented at Administrate > Comments under "Comment Admin" and "Settings".

I can change your Google Calendar settings. You have the following options to choose from for sharing with outsiders, so let me know which one you would like and I will go in and enable it:

1. Only free/busy information (hide event details): Users can allow people outside your domain to know when they are busy or available, but event details are hidden. Private addresses are hidden from users' calendars.

2. Share all information, but outsiders cannot change calendar: Users can share their calendar information with people outside your domain. This includes guest list, location, and description. Private addresses are hidden from users' calendars.

3. Share all information, and outsiders can change calendars: Users can fully share their calendar information with people outside your domain. This includes guest list, location, and description. Private addresses are displayed.

4. Share all information, and allow managing of calendar: Users can fully share their calendar information with people outside your domain, and they can grant outsiders permission to manage their calendars. Private addresses are displayed.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have additional questions.

-Lauren, Farmer Support

2. 2 Posted by Debra Brubaker on 17 Jan, 2013 11:39 PM

Thanks Lauren, I will take a look at the comments section.

As far as google calendars, I think option 3 is what I would like to have.
     Thanks, Deb

3. 3 Posted by Lauren on 18 Jan, 2013 02:44 PM

Deb,

Your calendar setting has been changed. However, I was notified that it may take up to 24 hours for the changes to take effect for all users.

Best,
    -Lauren, Farmer Support

4. Lauren closed this discussion on 18 Jan, 2013 02:44 PM.

5. Debra Brubaker re-opened this discussion on 18 Jan, 2013 02:56 PM

6. 4 Posted by Debra Brubaker on 18 Jan, 2013 02:56 PM

ok- thanks Lauren!

7. 5 Posted by Debra Brubaker on 18 Jan, 2013 03:01 PM

Also, while I have this string going, maybe you can help me with another
    item? I just set up a Dwolla account for Member Assembler, and it seems to
    be working, but the only way I could figure out how to accept Dwolla and
     give the option to receive an invoice and pay by check was by selecting
    Invoice or Paypal as a payment option. The problem with this is that on
    the checkout page, a pay pal button is automatically inserted, and we don't
    have a paypal account set up. Is there a way to have Dwolla or Invoice as
    the only options?

8. 6 Posted by Lauren on 18 Jan, 2013 03:17 PM

Deb,

You should be able to choose "Invoice Only" as an option in the dropdown menu as well click the checkbox for Dwolla.

I'm glad that Dwolla is working for you. We are still testing it on our end. Here is our help document about it, just in case you haven't seen it yet: http://support.smallfarmcentral.com/kb/member-assembler/dwolla-a-ne...

-Lauren, Farmer Support

9. Lauren closed this discussion on 18 Jan, 2013 03:17 PM.

10. Debra Brubaker re-opened this discussion on 18 Jan, 2013 03:47 PM

11. 7 Posted by Debra Brubaker on 18 Jan, 2013 03:47 PM

I tried that option, and this is what I got

[image: Inline image 1]
    My issue with this is that the final statement "We do not accept online
    payments" is no longer accurate, and I don't think it is very clear that
    paying by check is equally valid option to paying through dwolla. Is there
    any way for me to edit the layout of this screen- ie change the wording or
    make a "Pay by check" button? (It seem to me that this is formatted
    automatically??)

12. 8 Posted by Lauren on 18 Jan, 2013 06:06 PM

Deb,

I'm going to pass your request on to Mike, who may be able to help you further. However, since we are still testing the system, you may have to put this payment option on hold. As it is stated in the help document, at this point we don't really recommend that people use Dwolla right now. We will make a more formal announcement when we feel as though all of the kinks are worked out and it is ready to go. I'm sorry that I was unable to help you with this.

Best,
    -Lauren, Farmer Support

13. Support Staff 9 Posted by Mike on 18 Jan, 2013 07:41 PM

Hi Debra,

Right now that text is hard-coded. You're right. I am going to see about
    making it more correct if someone is using Dwolla too.

Mike

14. Mike closed this discussion on 18 Jan, 2013 08:16 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac