CSA Type sign-up issue

's Avatar

greenwoodheights

17 Jun, 2014 03:31 PM

Hey guys,

Just a quick question. For the first time ever, we've had an issue with an egg share sign-up for our CSA members.

Around 9 members have complained that they "thought" they signed up for an egg share this season, but upon checking their receipt, no egg share was found. I'd chalk it up to human error, but a couple of members are insisting they remembered clicking on the egg share button.

I just think it's weird. We haven't had a rash of complaints (if this can be called a rash) in the last 5 or so years we've been using your software, and I'm kind of at a loss as to what the issue might be.

So, just thought I'd pick your brains to see if maybe you have an idea.

Thanks!
Jen

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 17 Jun, 2014 04:03 PM

Hi Jen:

I think I know what may have happened here. On the settings for that share type you have both the "optional" and the "yes, allow multiple quantities of this type" option selected. With this combination of settings selected here is what would happen: because you have the multi-quantity option turned on, when they clicked on the share type, it would give them a dropdown menu. Because the share type is listed as optional, the default quantity for that share type would be zero. If they selected the share type but didn't choose their quantity, there selection would not take. Basically they said "I want this item, but I want zero quantity of this item".

The multi-quantity option is just something we've added in the last year, so this is probably the first time that you've used this.

Also, I noticed that you disabled all of your share types for the season without disabling the public signup. This just gives the confusing "The farmer has not created any member types yet." message if someone goes to your signup page. I would recommend disabling public signup and putting a more helpful message there. You can do this by going to - Member Assembler --> Configure --> Display Settings. The "disable public signup" option is about halfway down that page.

Any questions, please let us know.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 17 Jun, 2014 04:03 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac