Placing Orders

Blue Blaze Farm

03 Aug, 2012 11:10 AM

Hi,

While I absolutely love the ordering system, there are apparently some issues on the members' end.  I've been told through the season (and quite a few this week), that they completed the ordering process and were told it was successful (or whatever it says once complete), but were disappointed when their order was not delivered.  After expressing sympathy, the first question we ask is did they receive an automatic confirmation?  As we haven't had any complications with the order report system when people have received an automatic confirmation I have just requested that people make checking for this part of the ordering process.

I do realize that sometimes people can be on auto-pilot and just not paying enough attention to do it correctly and it is sometimes a glitch in the system.  Early on I do believe that some members were not completing the last step on the Checkout Page, so I added in bold red to scroll down and click checkout.  However, we're now a good way into the season and members that are generally quiet are reporting difficulty with the system.

Please advice.

Thanks much,

Melody Birdsong-Shubert
Blue Blaze Farm
610.597.7495 (cell)

610.837.2738 (voice mail only)

[email blocked]
http://www.facebook.com/blueblazefarm
http://www.blueblazefarm.com

Blue Blaze Farm is a member of Certified Naturally Grown (CNG).  CNG is a grassroots effort with Certification Standards that are based on the highest principles and ideals of organic farming.  How about joining in the efforts of small farms at the heart of the movement by making a donation?  Just visit http://www.naturallygrown.org

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Simon Huntley on 03 Aug, 2012 05:40 PM

Hi Melody,

Obviously, it is disturbing for people to think they placed an order and for that order to never get to you. I do commiserate with you on that!

From what I understand with these people:
    -they did not get a confirmation email from the site -the order did not show up in your database -you never got an email confirmation

Since I do know the inner workings of the code and everything, I know that part of the order completion process in that it shows an 'order completed' message & that is what they are reporting that they saw? Tied to that messages showing up, is a lot of code that processes the order, sends emails, and such.

I just don't see how they could have pressed that final check out button, seen the confirmation message, and then nothing more.

If you have more details for me that I can use to zero in on some kind of bug, please send them. I think you are doing the right thing by emphasizing the fact that if they do not receive the email, they did not complete their order.

Hope this helps.

Simon.

2. Simon Huntley closed this discussion on 03 Aug, 2012 05:40 PM.

3. Blue Blaze Farm re-opened this discussion on 03 Aug, 2012 06:06 PM

4. 2 Posted by Blue Blaze Farm on 03 Aug, 2012 06:06 PM

Simon,

Helps a whole heck of a lot, thank you so much!

Melody

Sent from my iPhone

5. Simon Huntley closed this discussion on 03 Aug, 2012 06:08 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac