joining memberships

's Avatar

cordelia.gallo

07 Jun, 2014 02:15 PM

I know you can't join memberships so what is the best way to handle this situation:

Someone signed up (is the primary member). She just e-mailed me to ask that I add her friend to the membership, as they are splitting a box. However I can't add her friend as a 2nd user because her friend was a member last year and so her email address is already in the system. Is the only solution to delete the friend's membership from last year? This seems bad for record keeping, not to mention my member retention data.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 09 Jun, 2014 01:52 PM

Hello again:

This has a similar solution to your other problem.

Go into the old membership and just change the email address from "jsmith[at]example.com" to "old_jsmith[at]example.com". This leaves the old membership account in the system so you can reference it in the future if necessary, but also releases her actual email address so you can add it to the other membership. In this case you could also put a note in the NOTES section of the membership noting that this person previously had their own membership and make note of the modified email address you have it connected with.

Hope you are well.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 09 Jun, 2014 01:52 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac