Email sent to CSA members after I manually enter their billing info

Ben Davis

12 May, 2014 06:52 PM

Quick question,

I've been manually entering CSA members into the member assembler system. After I do this, it sends a verification email notifying them how much they owe or if their balance is Zero. However, it sends them a short message; in my case, it's a short message from last year stating that the csa will begin may 6, 2013. I can't figure out where I can change this message to something current. I've done it before...just can't figure it out for some reason. Any help?

ben

1. 1 Posted by Lauren on 12 May, 2014 07:13 PM

Hi Ben,

The email that your members will receive when you sign them up manually is the same email that they would receive if they signed up online. This is the email sent on successful completion of checkout. You can find it here: Member Assembler > Configure > Checkout.

It looks like this information is current, so perhaps you found out where to change the email already. If not, please send me the text of the email that people are receiving so I can dig into this issue further.

Best,
    -Lauren, Farmer Support

2. Lauren closed this discussion on 12 May, 2014 07:13 PM.

3. Ben Davis re-opened this discussion on 12 May, 2014 09:37 PM

4. 2 Posted by Ben Davis on 12 May, 2014 09:37 PM

Lauren,

The is a reply to a message you sent at 3:13 PM on May 12 regarding how to change the automatic reply mail after I manually enter CSA members. Tried MA...Configure...Checkout and see my new message, but get another message from last season for some reason.

I did a test run on myself, and the email reads as follows: " Your balance after this payment was applied is $0.00. Thanks for your payment! The CSA will begin the week of May 6, 2013. Benjamin Davis, Leggett Farm Organics" I don't want to enter 50 or 100 names before I get this clarified ....Thank you

5. 3 Posted by Lauren on 13 May, 2014 02:03 PM

Hi Ben,

I see now. This is the message that your members get after you apply a payment to their invoice, which you might be doing when you enter them in manually (if you didn't add a payment, then they would get the checkout message as I mentioned earlier).

This message can be found in the "Add Payment" section (Member Assembler > Accounting > Add Payment). You can change the wording and then set it as the default. But you need to add a payment to a membership to do so. You can either use your test account or simply just do this the next time you enter in a membership. Once you choose a member to add a payment to, you will see the "Create a New Payment" page. The email wording is in the advanced options section. Click the checkbox next to "Save text below as the new default template for confirmations?" to set your new text as the default for all new payment confirmations so that you don't have to do this every time you manually add a payment to a membership.

Sorry for the confusion! Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
    -Lauren, Farmer Support

6. Lauren closed this discussion on 13 May, 2014 02:03 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac