Sang Lee Farms CSA signup using Pay Pal

's Avatar

dmwilm

09 Jan, 2013 03:08 PM

Currently when a customer signs up for our CSA online there are three options for payment. Cash, credit and pay pal. With Credit and Pay Pal there is a $30 fee that is charged to us so we pass that along to customer when they choose either of these options when they sign up.

In the case of Pay Pal, when the customer chooses this option a questions allows them to sign into their own Pay Pal account or to create a new one. If they sign into their own account, the $30 fee is not charged to them, however we are still obligated to pay out of our own funds.

Is there a way that the customer doesn't have the option to pay with their own account and only to pick creating a new account with Pay Pal?

Regards,
Deborah

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Mike on 09 Jan, 2013 03:31 PM

Hi Deborah,

The Member Assembler software doesn't know how they pay with PayPal - whether with a credit card or their own account. That doesn't matter, actually. The checkout system works such that
    1. If you have created a "credit card fee" charge, it gets put on every invoice. 2. On the checkout page, when a member chooses "invoice only," it removes that charge from their invoice. Besides you taking it out, in admin, that's the only way it goes away - at that moment of checkout. 3. Theoretically that person should send you a check but if they instead use the Make a Payment link on the site or follow a payment request or something and then use a link to pay with PayPal, that charge isn't on their invoice anymore.

Is there a particular member you would like me to double-check this with? In the Notes on their membership, it should show you when exactly they checked out and when they paid. I suspect there is some gap of time in between.

Mike

2. Mike closed this discussion on 09 Jan, 2013 03:31 PM.

3. Deborah Wilm re-opened this discussion on 09 Jan, 2013 05:19 PM

4. 2 Posted by Deborah Wilm on 09 Jan, 2013 05:19 PM

Mike,
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Let me discuss this with Karen and Dale at the office and get back to you.

Deborah

5. Mike closed this discussion on 10 Jan, 2013 03:03 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac