change user email

's Avatar

meghan

28 Mar, 2014 01:29 PM

Hey Q,

We have a Sharron Cook who tried to sign up unsuccessfully this morning, so she was a pending membership with a gmail email account, and then when I signed her up over the phone this morning, she gave me a different email that happened to bounce when I went to sent her a confirmation email and payment request. I need to change the "[email blocked]" email to [email blocked], but SFC is telling me that that email already exists. Does it take time for deleted pending memberships to update into the system? Also- any idea why that first email may have bounced? I got a message that says

"Reporting-MTA: dsn; a9-35.smtp-out.amazonses.com

Final-Recipient: rfc822; Sharron Cook [email blocked]
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 553 5.1.2 Unknown mail server. Could not find a mail server for zif.doc.gov

but I'm fairly certain that I spelled it correctly.

If you could change her email to the gmail account, that would be great, thanks!

Meghan

1. 1 Posted by qroth on 28 Mar, 2014 03:01 PM

Hi Meghan:

There might be a slight delay in the user being deleted from the system when deleting a pending membership. It allowed me to add that correct gmail address to her account without issue.

As for the other email, I'm guessing that's just not a valid email address anymore. Maybe that's just an old email address that pre-filled in when she was completing the form? Not sure.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 28 Mar, 2014 03:01 PM.

3. meghan re-opened this discussion on 28 Mar, 2014 05:05 PM

4. 2 Posted by meghan on 28 Mar, 2014 05:05 PM

Hey Q- Thanks for the help. She had just spelled out that email to me moments before I used it, so I’m not quite sure why it bounced. Maybe her work email has special filters on it? Anyway, all seems fixed now. Thanks again!

Meghan

5. qroth closed this discussion on 28 Mar, 2014 06:13 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac