Calendar Events

Amanda Peltz

24 Mar, 2014 04:40 PM

Hello,
I am new to Buckhill Farm, helping Farmer Andrew with office duties, website, etc. Over the weekend, I added several calendar events in. When on the home page, I can see the events, but I would like to get rid of the date in front of the event (aka Repeat until: - under Advanced Options). Can you give me a solution so that I either see the event date first or the event name itself.

Many thanks! Amanda Peltz

1. 1 Posted by qroth on 24 Mar, 2014 04:59 PM

Hi Amanda:

I'm assuming you are meaning under the "What's New" widget. This information is taken from your RSS feed and is just a listing of all new things added to your site. Unfortunately you cannot have the event post in that feed without that first date. It is possible to just choose not to have new calendar events show up in that feed at all. When creating the event, under the advanced settings, simply uncheck the "add to RSS feed" option. This will stop the item from being added to that "What's New" widget. If you want to remove existing items from that feed, go to - Administrate --> RSS (What's New). This will show all of the items in your RSS feed. You can click the box at the front of the line of items you want to remove, then at the bottom of the page choose "delete" as your action. This doesn't remove them from the calendar, just from the RSS feed.

Perhaps a better option for showing upcoming calendar events would be to add the "Upcoming Events" pre-built widget. This will pull the next X number of events from your calendar and list them in upcoming order. To add this, go to - Display --> Widgets --> Add Prebuilt and find the "Upcoming Events" item. It defaults to showing the next 10 calendar items but you can make that more or less if you'd like.

Hope this clarifies your options.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 24 Mar, 2014 04:59 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac