spam filter for custom form + more file upload space?

's Avatar

firstrootfarm

24 Mar, 2014 11:50 AM

Hi there,

Two questions:

1. I am in the process of uploading all my old CSA newsletters so I can have a digital record of them. These are handmade zine-style booklets, so each newsletter is a collection of 3 scans, each file about 1 MB. I've uploaded about 1/4 of the newsletters, and have already used up 50% of my file space. Is there a way to get more?

2. I am getting a lot of spam responses to a custom form I created--"Volunteer Signup Form". So far, a whole chain of spam responses has been coming in every day. Is there a way to prevent this?

Thanks so much,
Laura

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 24 Mar, 2014 02:32 PM

Hi Laura:

1) If you are looking to upload a larger amount of data as an archive, you might want to try a service like Dropbox for saving them online. With Dropbox you can get 2GB of cloud storage for free. Files usually default to private in Dropbox, but you can make them publicly downloadable. For more info, www.dropbox.com.

2) It doesn't look like you had the spam control CAPTCHA turned on for that form. I turned that on. Let's see if that does the trick to stop these spam comments.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 24 Mar, 2014 02:32 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac