issue with emails not syncing properly with MailChimp

's Avatar

firstrootfarm

18 Mar, 2014 08:35 PM

Hi there,

I just signed up from SFC and I'm very excited about it. However, I'm having an issue when I try to set up mailchimp syncing.

When I go to sync the list, I get this message:

The list was synced successfully:

List 2014 CSA updated: Added 8. Updated 90. Errors 0.
Removed (email)  from list.
Removed (email) from list.

It says every time that I've added 8 emails, but then it lists 8 emails below and tells me they were removed from the list. When I go into mailchimp, those emails are nowhere to be found. I have several different syncs for different pickups/share types, etc. and the same emails are blocked from syncing on every list on which they appear (many members are on more than one list).

I went and added the members manually to the list in mailchimp, but then when I re-synced the list, those emails got deleted again.

I saw someone was having a similar problem with members being unsubscribed, but it seemed like it never got resolved. I tried making a new MailChimp list and setting up a new sync, but the same problem occurred with the same emails.

Thanks so much,
Laura

1. 1 Posted by qroth on 19 Mar, 2014 02:10 PM

Hi Laura:

I had someone with this issue recently. I did a test where I ran the sync against SFC's Mailchimp account and it worked fine, so it seemed to be something with how the specific emails were being recognized in that Mailchimp account. That person was going to contact Mailchimp to see if they had any insights into the issue. I hadn't heard anything back from them, so let me check in with them and see what, if anything, they found out. We'll be in touch.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. 2 Posted by qroth on 25 Mar, 2014 07:48 PM

Hi Laura:

That other farm hadn't taken the opportunity to try to contact Mailchimp about the issue yet, so no news to report there.

I haven't been able to recreate that error against our mailchimp account here. I think the best course of action would be to email Mailchimp support with that list of the emails that are being problematic. Hopefully they might be able to identify some reason that this is happening. Please let us know if they provide you with any insight into the issue.

I'll try contacting their customer support as well.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

3. qroth closed this discussion on 25 Mar, 2014 07:48 PM.

4. qroth re-opened this discussion on 28 Mar, 2014 04:27 PM

5. 3 Posted by qroth on 28 Mar, 2014 04:27 PM

Hi Laura:

I think we have fixed this issue. Please try your sync and let us know if everything appears to be working properly now.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

6. qroth closed this discussion on 28 Mar, 2014 04:27 PM.

7. First Root Farm re-opened this discussion on 28 Mar, 2014 04:32 PM

8. 4 Posted by First Root Farm on 28 Mar, 2014 04:32 PM

Hi Q,

Thank you! I just tired it and everything worked perfectly. I had contacted
    Mailchimp support, but they haven't got back to me yet. In any case,
    everything is working beautifully now; I really appreciate it. This makes
    our lives so much easier.

Laura

9. qroth closed this discussion on 28 Mar, 2014 05:05 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac