RSS Feed

's Avatar

kristinjurist

06 Mar, 2014 07:36 PM

Hi again,

For some reason, our RSS feed is showing "Nothing is new!"...I just updated our "Cattle" page and selected to update the RSS feed with it, and the RSS error has occurred since then.

Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 06 Mar, 2014 08:13 PM

Hi Kristin:

I removed the "Cattle" FDP and today's blog post from the RSS feed and now it appears to be working alright. My first guess is that the mailchimp coding you put in both of these pages is causing something to error out in the RSS feed.

I'm copying Mike on this response. He's out of the office right now but maybe he'll have some thoughts on what part of that code is causing the problem. I'm thinking worst case scenario is we need to make a special FDP for the mailing list signup and then you would just need to create link to that page at the bottom of these other pages so it won't cause that error. But let us look a bit closer at that first.

But for now those items just won't show up in the RSS.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 06 Mar, 2014 08:13 PM.

3. Mike re-opened this discussion on 06 Mar, 2014 10:58 PM

4. Support Staff 2 Posted by Mike on 06 Mar, 2014 10:58 PM

Hi Kristin,

If there is any script embedded in the Farmer Defined Page, it will break in the RSS feed. This has happened before with some other sites. The RSS feed takes all of the code in that text box. Q's suggestion would work. A link is fine.

Mike

5. Lauren closed this discussion on 07 Mar, 2014 01:13 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac