discount for MA and e-commerce?

beth

03 Mar, 2014 04:13 PM

Hi folks,
Is there a way to create a discount or coupon that a member can use for either their CSA registration or for an e-commerce purchase? Either a coupon (which the member enters) or a discount (that I enter) would work.
Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by Lauren on 03 Mar, 2014 05:38 PM

Hi Beth,

You can create a coupon in both Ecommerce and Member Assembler. If you make the code and details the same for each, then your customer will be able to use the same code to either to get a discount when they sign up or to get a discount when they purchase something from your store. Here are instructions about how to create a coupon:

http://support.smallfarmcentral.com/kb/member-assembler/making-memb...
    http://support.smallfarmcentral.com/kb/ecommerce/making-ecommerce-c...

Just remember to create the coupon in both places: Member Assembler > Configure > Coupons and Sell > Configure > Coupons. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
    -Lauren, Farmer Support

2. Lauren closed this discussion on 03 Mar, 2014 05:38 PM.

3. Tipi Produce CSA re-opened this discussion on 03 Mar, 2014 07:28 PM

4. 2 Posted by Tipi Produce CS... on 03 Mar, 2014 07:28 PM

1) Will the member end up getting the discount twice, if they sign up for a CSA share and also purchase through e-commerce?

2) Here's a related question. I've offered a referral discount to current members who refer a new CSA member to us. What is the best way to enter the referral discount? Some of these current members have already paid (and will get a refund), some have not paid (and will get a discount on this year's share cost). I'd like to enter the discount myself. Should I enter it as a credit on their invoice? Or enter as a 'refund' payment? Some other approach? I'd like to be able to find and account for these discounts later. I'm not sure how they get incorporated into the income report.
    Thanks,
    Beth

5. 3 Posted by Lauren on 03 Mar, 2014 09:38 PM

Hi Beth,

Yes, these are essentially 2 codes and you member would be able to use the code for sign up and at Ecommerce checkout. Coupon codes can also be used more than once in Ecommerce. Usually, if you provide the code to your member (let's say you are giving a discount to one of your volunteers) once you see that the code has been used once, either in MA or Ecommerce, then you can remove the coupon so they can't use it in the other place or more than once.

What were you hoping to use this code for? I can help you figure out the best solution if you give me some details about what you're trying to accomplish.

Usually it is easier to give your members a refund as a reward for a referral. Then you can adjust their invoice after they have signed up and paid and send them their reward. This offers the most control. If you enter the reward as a credit on their membership account, this will not show up as a discount when they sign up for the next season. However you can enter a credit that can be used to checkout of an ecommerce store. So this is another way to offer a reward: as a credit only for your ecommerce store. Or you could create a referral coupon code which your member could enter as they checkout of Member Assembler or Ecommerce, same as we discussed earlier.

-Lauren, Farmer Support

6. Lauren closed this discussion on 03 Mar, 2014 09:38 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac