moving of my domain and stoppage of use of this service

's Avatar

schoff

13 Feb, 2014 09:52 PM

this is the 2nd time i have asked who to work with to move my domain elsewhwere, and stop this biling.

please let me know the procedure

1. 1 Posted by Lauren on 13 Feb, 2014 10:46 PM

Hi Marty,

I was afraid that you were not getting the responses from our support system so I decided to send you an email directly, as well as reply to your support request. So you may be getting two emails from me with the same content, but I just wanted to make sure we connected.

My co-worker Q sent you these instructions back in January, but perhaps you never received it:

Hi Marty,

Sorry to hear that you are moving on. If you can provide any feedback on your time with us, it would be greatly appreciated.

As for your domain, here is the easiest way to do the transfer: we register our domains through GoDaddy, so if you create an account with GoDaddy, we can quickly and easily transfer the domain between accounts. Simply go to godaddy.com and set up an account. Once you have your account set up and you are ready to make the transfer, just email us with your GoDaddy account number and let us know the email address you used to set up the account. That is all of the information we'll need to do the transfer. Once we initiate the transfer, you'll just need to log back into your GoDaddy account and accept the transfer. It is pretty quick and painless.

Let us know if you need any help.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

You next billing is scheduled for the 26th, so we have plenty of time to take care of this and cancel your account before the end of the month.

Best,
    Lauren, Farmer Support

2. 2 Posted by Marty Schoffsta... on 14 Feb, 2014 02:02 AM

Never got them

corruptissima re publica plurimae leges
    laws were most numerous when the commonwealth was most corrupt
    (Tacitus)

3. 3 Posted by Lauren on 14 Feb, 2014 03:36 PM

Marty,

Sorry about that! We'll be standing by for that GoDaddy information. After we transfer the domain registration to you, you can use the url for a new website and cancel your site with us. To cancel, you will simply need to login to the Control Panel one last time and navigate to Administrate > Account > Cancel Account. Any feedback you could provide to us would be appreciated.

I'll make sure to follow up with you before your next billing date to make sure you're not having trouble with the transfer and we can always suspend billing so that you don't get charged for next month.

Best,
    -Lauren, Farmer Support

4. Lauren closed this discussion on 14 Feb, 2014 03:36 PM.

5. martin schoffstall re-opened this discussion on 15 Feb, 2014 10:46 PM

6. 4 Posted by martin schoffst... on 15 Feb, 2014 10:46 PM

okay. if you could first move the domain to the name server

NS1.WEBSITEMASTERS.COM <http://ns1.websitemasters.com/>
    NS2.WEBSITEMASTERS.COM <http://ns2.websitemasters.com/>
    NS3.WEBSITEMASTERS.COM <http://ns3.websitemasters.com/>
    NS4.WEBSITEMASTERS.COM <http://ns4.websitemasters.com/>

and the domain tech master to christine as the 2nd step please?

no godaddy for now i think

thanks for help/move!

7. 5 Posted by Lauren on 17 Feb, 2014 02:26 PM

Marty,

The first step is to transfer the domain registration to you. We can not be responsible for the registration of your domain name if you are no longer using our services. We register domains using GoDaddy. We suggest that you create an account with them as well, because the transfer would be easy and their yearly fees to keep your domain name registered are low. If you like, you can have Christene create the account so that she is listed as the contact for the registration.

One the domain is transferred to you, you can change the nameservers and cancel your account with us. Here are the instructions about setting up an account with GoDaddy again:
    Simply go to godaddy.com and set up an account. Once you have your account set up and you are ready to make the transfer, just email us with your GoDaddy account number and let us know the email address you used to set up the account. That is all of the information we'll need to do the transfer. Once we initiate the transfer, you'll just need to log back into your GoDaddy account and accept the transfer.

Best,
    -Lauren, Farmer Support

8. 6 Posted by martin schoffst... on 17 Feb, 2014 06:31 PM

okay. here is the account number

thank for your patience

9. 7 Posted by Lauren on 17 Feb, 2014 07:54 PM

No problem, I have initiated the transfer process.

-Lauren

10. 8 Posted by Lauren on 19 Feb, 2014 08:16 PM

Marty,

Could you tell me which email address you used to set up the GoDaddy account?

Thanks,
    -Lauren, Farmer Support

11. 9 Posted by martin schoffst... on 19 Feb, 2014 09:31 PM

12. 10 Posted by qroth on 20 Feb, 2014 04:17 PM

Hi Marty:

I put through the account change request. You should be able to log into Godaddy now and finish the transfer on your side. Under "Domains" in the menu there should be an option for "pending account changes" and you should find your domain there.

We didn't change the nameservers or anything, so currently it will still be pointed at the SFC website until you make the changes. Once that is done, let us know and we will close out your SFC account.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

13. qroth closed this discussion on 20 Feb, 2014 04:17 PM.

14. martin schoffstall re-opened this discussion on 20 Feb, 2014 04:21 PM

15. 11 Posted by martin schoffst... on 20 Feb, 2014 04:21 PM

hasn't shown up yet

16. 12 Posted by qroth on 20 Feb, 2014 04:23 PM

I just ran it through before emailing you. It might take 10-15 minutes for it to process.

17. qroth closed this discussion on 20 Feb, 2014 04:23 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac