blogs

's Avatar

dlareau

09 Feb, 2014 01:22 AM

Hey,

Just some thoughts and questions about blogging on our website. Can I invite people to sign up to get just my blog, or can send out the blog to certain emails without sending it to my whole list? I guess it would be helpful if people could sing up to receive just the blogs from our site. It would be help too to be able to easily share a new blog post to facebook. Also I am wondering if there are any articles about blog tags and what the use, need to reason for them is...
Thanks,
Don

1. 1 Posted by qroth on 10 Feb, 2014 03:02 PM

Hi Don:

One way that people can subscribe to your blog is by using your site's built-in RSS feed. This is a tool that keeps track of all updates to your website. You can control what goes to your RSS feed. Your users would subscribe to your RSS feed by using an RSS reader program such as www.feedly.com. Basically they would just need to enter your web address into their Feedly account and it would recognize your site's RSS feed and that would automatically grab any new content that you add to your site.

For more information on RSS, what it is and how it works, check out this help file:
    http://support.smallfarmcentral.com/kb/frequently-asked-questions/w...

You can also use your RSS feed to have updates from your website automatically post to your Facebook and Twitter accounts. For more information on how to do that, please see this help file: http://support.smallfarmcentral.com/kb/small-farm-central/getting-t...

As for blog tags, they are most useful if you regularly blog on a variety of different topics. For example, if you regularly do recipe posts and then also do posts about your growing practices, you might want to tag them as such. That way if someone reading your blog only wants to see the recipes, they can click the tag link and only be shown the "recipe" related posts without having to dig through non-recipe related posts. Depending on the frequency of your posts and the variety of topics you cover, such tags may or may not be useful for your readers . If you don't think they'll be useful, there is no need to use them.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 10 Feb, 2014 03:02 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac