new text editor

jill rendleman All Seasons Farm's Avatar

jill rendleman All Seasons Farm

07 Feb, 2014 03:48 AM

when sending emails to my csa folks, i used to be able to add a text box. i would generally copy recipes and put them in these text boxes in my email. now i cant see how to do this anymore. also, as always, you cannot copy and paste into the text box directly which would be the best option....one you dont have.

can you tell me how to paste and copy into text boxes now that you have a new system. tks. jill 618 308 0217

1. 1 Posted by qroth on 07 Feb, 2014 02:29 PM

Hi Jill:

We're not sure what you mean when you say "text box". I tried looking back through some of your old emails to see if I could find an email that had one of these text boxes in it, but didn't see anything. Would it actually show a box around the text? If you could point out one of your old emails that has this, it would help us.

thanks,
    Q

2. qroth closed this discussion on 07 Feb, 2014 02:29 PM.

3. Jill Rendleman re-opened this discussion on 07 Feb, 2014 03:44 PM

4. 2 Posted by Jill Rendleman on 07 Feb, 2014 03:44 PM

when ever i try to paste something into an email from me to my csa members, i try to paste a new recipe into the text area and it always has come back and said, pasting is not supported by this system, please create a word document and import...which i have been able to do in the past by selecting a text box on the icons within the text part of the email creation. now there is no text box to select from.

all i want to do is to paste in a recipe or other information from other places into the emails i send to people from small farm central. if there is a way to do this, please let me know.

i will try to find one i have send out in the past in my archives and forward to you. tks. jill

Jill Rendleman
    All Seasons Farm
    www.allseasons-farm.com
    www.facebook.com/AllSeasonsFarm
    9535 US Highway 51
    Cobden, Illinois 62920
    (618) 308-0217
    USDA Certified Organic by Midwest Organic Services Association

5. 3 Posted by Jill Rendleman on 07 Feb, 2014 03:50 PM

no you would not see a box around it. i had to paste the recipe into a box after selecting a word or text box from the icons in the text part of the csa email set up.

see an email that is in my archive from 1/9/14

Jill Rendleman
    All Seasons Farm
    www.allseasons-farm.com
    9535 US Highway 51
    Cobden, Illinois 62920
    (618) 308-0217

6. 4 Posted by qroth on 07 Feb, 2014 04:07 PM

Ok, so you weren't created any special box for the text, you were just selected the old "paste from Word" tool from the toolbar, a window would appear where the text would be pasted and then that would insert the text into the body of your email, correct?

We didn't include the cut and paste tools in the toolbar this time around as those tools are not supported by all browsers meaning they wouldn't work for everyone. You'll just need to use the standard keyboard shortcuts:
    Ctrl-C (Copy)
    Ctrl-X (Cut)
    Ctrl-v (Paste)

So you should be able to highlight the text in Word, do Ctrl-C to copy the text. Place your cursor in the text editor window where you want the text to be added and do Ctrl-V to past the text directly into the main text editor window.

Does this make sense?

7. qroth closed this discussion on 07 Feb, 2014 04:07 PM.

8. Jill Rendleman re-opened this discussion on 07 Feb, 2014 04:11 PM

9. 5 Posted by Jill Rendleman on 07 Feb, 2014 04:11 PM

yes exactly. ok. but i wish you would make it easier for old people like me. too much code to remember. i will try it though. tks for your help. jill

Jill Rendleman
    All Seasons Farm
    www.allseasons-farm.com
    9535 US Highway 51
    Cobden, Illinois 62920
    (618) 308-0217

10. 6 Posted by Jill Rendleman on 07 Feb, 2014 04:16 PM

thats does not work. text box is not accepting....when i hit control v the text box scrolls down to the end of my signature......and nothing shows up in text box.

Jill Rendleman
    All Seasons Farm
    www.allseasons-farm.com
    9535 US Highway 51
    Cobden, Illinois 62920
    (618) 308-0217

11. 7 Posted by qroth on 07 Feb, 2014 05:44 PM

Hi Jill:

I got your other email about being able to drag the text over. I wasn't aware that that would work, but that's good to know.

But in this case it sounds like maybe you just made an error copying the text over. The keyboard shortcuts of Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V are built into your computer's operating system. They should work in any/all programs. The text editor program shouldn't override their function.

Please try it again.

Q

12. qroth closed this discussion on 07 Feb, 2014 05:44 PM.

13. qroth re-opened this discussion on 10 Feb, 2014 03:04 PM

14. 8 Posted by qroth on 10 Feb, 2014 03:06 PM

Hi Jill:

We were able to make an adjustment to the new text editor that will hopefully be useful for you. The text editor was overriding the default menu options when you right-clicked on your mouse. We removed that. Now if you right-click on your mouse, you should be given the default options including the normal cut/copy/paste options. I hope this helps.

Q

15. qroth closed this discussion on 10 Feb, 2014 03:06 PM.

16. Jill Rendleman re-opened this discussion on 10 Feb, 2014 11:25 PM

17. 9 Posted by Jill Rendleman on 10 Feb, 2014 11:25 PM

sounds like a good fix to me! i will check it out. i have tried the control v and c and never got it to work. i have an apple if that makes a diff. jill

Jill Rendleman
    All Seasons Farm
    www.allseasons-farm.com
    9535 US Highway 51
    Cobden, Illinois 62920
    (618) 308-0217

18. 10 Posted by qroth on 11 Feb, 2014 01:59 PM

Ahhh, sorry, if you are on a Mac, the command will be Command-C and Command-V instead of Control. It's the little differences that make all the difference in the world.

19. qroth closed this discussion on 11 Feb, 2014 01:59 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac