discounts for multiple season sign ups

's Avatar

jillrendleman

06 Jan, 2014 07:27 PM

currently my farm "season" runs from fall 2013 to 2014, however, i have members that would like to buy the spring summer 2014 shares which are april to sept together with the fall/winter 2014/15 which run from oct 2014 to march 2015. is there any way i can set up my system to accept payments for member types which are "out of season".....or is there some other way i could accomodate people who want to buy multiple memberships.....one which is in season and one which is out? is there any way you could do away with the "season" thing by just allowing us to input a different year ? also, i would like to offer a 50 wk season which would run into 2015 but it seems i cant do that right now due to the seasons limitations.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 06 Jan, 2014 09:07 PM

Hi Jill:

Unfortunately you can only program in discounts within a single season.

However, you can do this:
    1) Create your 'oct 2014-march 2015' season
    2) Create a coupon code in the 'oct2014-march2015' season that is the amount of the discount you want to offer.
    2) As part of your confirmation email for the 'fall 2013-summer 2014', you could include a message that says "Sign up for the 'oct 2014-march 2015 season now and get a discount of $X. Use coupon code 'MULTI-SEASON' when you checkout during your checkout for the 2014-2015 season".

Thus when people sign up for the 2013-2014 season, they'll get a message in their confirmation email telling them to sign up for the 2014-2015 season and how to get the discount.

Does that make sense? It's not perfect but I think it could get the job done for you.

Also, there shouldn't be any problem creating a 50week season running into 2015. I'm not sure what season limitations would prevent you from creating that.

Hope your new year is going well.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 06 Jan, 2014 09:07 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac