Uploading a file

's Avatar

vness19

04 Jan, 2014 08:20 PM

I am trying upload a brochure that is saved on my computer. But it is not uploading. What should I do?

1. 1 Posted by Lauren on 05 Jan, 2014 09:09 PM

Hi there,

Would you be able to give me a little more information so that I can look into this issue further?

1. It appears that we don't have this email address on file. Who am I emailing with and what farm are you from?
    2. What type of file are you trying to upload?
    3. How large is the file?
    4. Are you getting any sort of error message or is your browser timing out before the upload is complete? In other words, what is happening when you try and upload the file?

With answers to these questions I will have a better grasp of the problem and can begin to look for a solution for you.

Best,
    -Lauren, Farmer Support

2. 2 Posted by vanessa on 06 Jan, 2014 01:39 PM

Thank you for getting back to me!1. I am the new manager (Vanessa Wight) for Dancing Crane Farm. The email you have on file is [email blocked]. We are working together to try and update our website.2. I am trying to upload word documents that were created on a MAC. One document is our CSA brochure and the other 2 docs are also created in word (the CSA application and Payment Plan options) which both have graphics/graphs.3. The files I am trying to upload are listed below. 4. There were no errors listed. Pieces of some of the documents made it over but they are not complete or fully printable.
    I appreciate your time and help. Thank you.~Vanessa707-849-1945

vanessa has files to share with you on SkyDrive. To view them, click the links below. CSA Application 1.docx CSA Brochure 2014.docx CSA Payment Plans.docx From: [email blocked]

3. 3 Posted by Lauren on 06 Jan, 2014 04:14 PM

Thanks Vanessa,

This helps. However because emails sent to [email blocked] go into a support response system, your Sky Drive links didn't work. Could you send them to [email blocked] instead? That way I can take a look at the documents and try to get them to work.

You might be able to use your SkyDrive document links in the meantime to get these documents up on your site. It looks like you have them currently posted on your pages as images. Perhaps you can hyperlink those images using the SkyDrive links. Then when your customers click on the images they will be taken to SkyDrive where they will be able to more clearly view and print the brochure & application. (However I am unfamiliar with SkyDrive, so I am only assuming that this will work out).

I will be on the lookout for an email from you.

Best,
    -Lauren, Farmer Support

4. 4 Posted by vanessa on 09 Jan, 2014 03:25 PM

Hi Lauren,
    I have not heard back from you and just wanted to be sure you got the email I sent to [email blocked] . I attached the SkyDrive files as you requested.Just checking in:) Thanks.~Vanessa

5. 5 Posted by Lauren on 09 Jan, 2014 04:57 PM

Hi Vanessa,

Thanks for checking in. I sent you an email this morning, but perhaps you didn't get it yet or it got stuck in your spam. Here is what I wrote, just in case the original doesn't make it to you:

"We have been trying to work with the documents that you provided, but are having trouble with them as well. We think that it has to do with the fact that they are saved as .docx files. This is a file type from new versions of Microsoft Word and older versions of Microsoft Word as well as other outside software (like OpenOffice) have trouble opening them and often you need to download conversion software to access them. We were able to open the files in SkyDrive, but depending on the computer and operating system, some of us were unable to download them.

Since your website users and customers will have all different computer situations and capabilities, we recommend that you re-save those files as .pdf or .doc files and then upload them to the site. PDF documents are the best file type because the most people will be able to access it, regardless if the have Microsoft Word or not. Saving it in as a .doc file means that older versions of Microsoft Word and outside software will be able to open the document without having to download the converter needed to open .docx files.

Let me know what you think and how uploading the new files goes."

Best,
    -Lauren, Farmer Support

6. Lauren closed this discussion on 10 Jan, 2014 03:30 PM.

7. vanessa re-opened this discussion on 13 Jan, 2014 03:09 AM

8. 6 Posted by vanessa on 13 Jan, 2014 03:09 AM

Thank you Lauren,After a few go arounds I compressed the file and saved it as a pdf and that seemed to allow it to be uploaded to the website.I appreciate all your help.Hope your new year has started off on a good foot.Be Well,~Vanessa

9. 7 Posted by Lauren on 13 Jan, 2014 03:38 PM

Thanks Vanessa!

Sorry that gave you some trouble, but I'm glad it worked out in the end.
    Best of luck to you in the new year as well!

-Lauren, Farmer Support

10. Lauren closed this discussion on 13 Jan, 2014 03:38 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac