mailing a newsletter

's Avatar

beth

01 Jan, 2014 07:30 AM

Hi - I sent out a newsletter for the first time in a while and noticed it only went out to 33 people, rather than my usual 300 or so. Checked, and the option for sending to the "general mailing list" was no longer there. It only allowed me to send to actual CSA members. Can you help me with this?
Thanks,
Beth

1. 1 Posted by Lauren on 02 Jan, 2014 03:27 PM

Hi Beth,

It sounds like you are using our Member Assembler Mailing tool to send your newsletter. This tool allows you to choose which members receive your email by letting you choose Member Types and Pickup locations to act as mailing lists.

If you would like to send a email our to your User Groups, you will want to use the regular email tool. You can switch back and forth between the two by using the links at the top of the mailing page. Simply navigate to Connect > Mailing List > Send Mail. At the top of the page there will be a link that says "Switch to regular mailing list email". If you are in the regular email tool, this link will change to "Switch to Member Assembler email".

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best,
    -Lauren, Farmer Support

2. Lauren closed this discussion on 02 Jan, 2014 03:27 PM.

3. Beth Carey re-opened this discussion on 04 Jan, 2014 05:41 AM

4. 2 Posted by Beth Carey on 04 Jan, 2014 05:41 AM

Thank you, Lauren.  I see that now.  I just re-sent it, but it sent 3 times even though I only clicked "send" once.  Any thoughts on that?  I think that happened last time I sent out a newsletter too.  Don't want to spam my customers.
    Thanks.
    Beth

5. 3 Posted by Lauren on 05 Jan, 2014 08:46 PM

Hi Beth,

I see what you mean about the last email you sent out. I will bring it to the attention of our developer on Monday to see if he knows any reason as to why this might have happened. I wasn't able to see any other instance of your emails being sent more than once in the past. It looks like there are a few on the same emails that were sent out more than once, however they were not sent to the same people. I assume that this duplicate sending is just a one time glitch, so be sure to let us know if it happens the next time you send out an email from the Control Panel.

Best,
    -Lauren, Farmer Support

6. Lauren closed this discussion on 06 Jan, 2014 05:48 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac